PZJ70 Full Lock Set (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok, the ignition cylinder I have will accept any key...heck, it'll accept anything that will turn it to start. I have door lock cylinders but no door key. The PO lost them and never locked so...

Searching ebay hasn't really helped much, but can a full set from an 80 series work in a 70? If not can anyone turn me on to a decent source?

Some of us have bought complete lock sets for the 70 series. The problem with mine is that the new ignition barrel is a longer assembly and will not fit. Fortunately my ignition barrel/key is still good. So new door keys and two locking fuel caps, all the same key. So still using two keys. My understanding is that you can buy the correct assembly that the new style ignition barrel fits in. Haven’t looked into that yet, was waiting for Beno to post that part number up in one of his detailed build threads😉

I bought a new set for my 1994 FZJ75. I can post that part number but better to find the correct number off your VIN. It is by far the best upgrade I have ever made to a vehicle. I've already bought a new set for my 1983 FJ45 but have only installed the ignition cylinder. Waiting until I redo everything in the doors to change those cylinders.

I bought a new set for my 1994 FZJ75. I can post that part number but better to find the correct number off your VIN. It is by far the best upgrade I have ever made to a vehicle. I've already bought a new set for my 1983 FJ45 but have only installed the ignition cylinder. Waiting until I redo everything in the doors to change those cylinders.
Data plate is missing. Few owner's ago had it repainted after it was purchased from the Red Cross here in Curacao, and the data plate was take off. It has the chassis number, but doesn't seem to help find the right match.

69005-60381-C0 worked perfect for me on a previous cruiser I had (1986 FJ73). I would imagine it works for any SWB/MWB/LWB 70 series excluding the pickups.

It has the following:

1 new ignition lock
2 new door locks for the driver and passenger door
1 new door lock for the rear door
1 new lock for the gas door
1 new lock for the glove box.
3 new keys which works with all the locks above.

Last edited:
I do, I tip the key fwd, can't remember the light that comes on, but it's below the "filter" light.

Then the kit available won’t work. The kit that has the glow ign is NLA.

You can still get your style ign though, or you could a few years ago when I refurbished a PZJ70. So if not NLA you can buy a kit and buy the ign barrel you need separate. Then you will either have two keys for the Cruiser or you can get a lock shop to rekey the body locks to your ign lock in order to have one key.

Cheers

It's super easy to re key the existing cylinders yourself so that they all match and also very cheap almost free. I posted a description here of what to do.

I actually need to do an ignition one soon, I will see if I can manage to take some pictures but I'm not sure when I will find time.

It's super easy to re key the existing cylinders yourself so that they all match and also very cheap almost free. I posted a description here of what to do.

I actually need to do an ignition one soon, I will see if I can manage to take some pictures but I'm not sure when I will find time.
Thank you! The replies on this thread is what makes a forum useful!

Then the kit available won’t work. The kit that has the glow ign is NLA.

You can still get your style ign though, or you could a few years ago when I refurbished a PZJ70. So if not NLA you can buy a kit and buy the ign barrel you need separate. Then you will either have two keys for the Cruiser or you can get a lock shop to rekey the body locks to your ign lock in order to have one key.

Cheers

I think I have another key set p/n 69005-60381-C0 in my part boxes somewhere.

I will look for it and see if 69005-60381-C0 has the glow ign or not but I am pretty sure it doesn't like you stated. I was going to use it on the PZJ70 but never got around to it.

The GLOW position was discontinued on ignition cylinders for diesel rigs around 1990.

Makes sense because I don't recall my PZJ70 having it.

Makes sense because I don't recall my PZJ70 having it.
mine is a 93 and I have to tip the keep over, a light comes on below the filter light, and the engine starts right up. If I don't do that, it still starts but cranks longer

The GLOW position was discontinued on ignition cylinders for diesel rigs around 1990.
1630702204424.png

mine is a 93 and I have to tip the keep over, a light comes on below the filter light, and the engine starts right up. If I don't do that, it still starts but cranks longer

Right but you are probably turning key to the ACC position. Not "Glow".

I think what Onur is saying is that it no longer said "glow" on the key cylinder face at some point during 1990.

I will try to find my set this weekend to take a look at the extra set I have but what is in my HZJ77 does not say "glow".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom