PYS 2017 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok time to start planning for next summer.
PYS seemed to work well being a little later in the month, no rain was nice. So post up what works for you.

Moab I have been hoping to find out when our shut down is next July and haven't gotten a definite answer yet. But I figure it will be not the week after 4th of July but the next week. Is this too early or will it work as the first week of the trip?

And go

That all sounds perfect.

June 17 to 25 for pys?

July 15 to 23 for Moab?

Yep didn't have my calendar out but yes those dates are what I was thinking

Soon as everyone confirms the dates I will note them. Soon as I can put time off requests in I will.
I'm talking about Flat Nasty.
I most likely won't make Moab. 1st reason it being July. 2nd reason being 4 travel days. 3rd reason being cost of the trip.

But as history has taught me, I never know what the future holds. So until it get closer, I won't count myself out definitely.

Whaaaaaa?

I thought you were doing moab?

Tony, you gotta be in the Moab.

benStillerDoIt.jpg

If the wife doesn't want to do her vacation in July it will increase my chances. I cannot do Missouri and Moab both. Driving 4 days to wheel for 3 isn't the worst thing I've ever done but it would be hard on me.
I haven't ruled it out and I'm saving what I can to be able to afford it. I'd love to see it and wheel it but would really like to have more time to spend there.

UGH, for reasons I wont get into, what do people think about June 24 to July 2?

We are planning a family trip out west, no set dates yet but looking to go as early in the summer as possible. I would love to go out again for this outing so I'll just say, if I can swing it I will. Right now I have too many moving parts to commit but will hopefully have some firm working dates once we set dates on the fam trip.

june 24 for moab? like back to back pys then moab?

UGH, for reasons I wont get into, what do people think about June 24 to July 2?

Mid July will work better for me, easier to show up for a part of PYS and Moab. If this is the date, then I won't make any of PYS.

Moab is my main goal, would like to make both but will have to see how things go. So yes I agree with Joe the earlier dates for PYS would be a better chance of making some of it, but do what works for the most and I will adapt.
Also any interest in making moab more of a 1 1/2 to 2 week deal? As Tony said 4 days drive so looking to add more time there or somewhere between there and home. I hope to take 2 weeks off for this anyway.

If a Moab date is set, keep me posted...and honestly, another 4 hours to StG (my neighborhood) will be even better wheeling :)

Open invite.

Scratch my earlier question. Let's stick with the other dates.

As far as making the moab trip longer... for sure! As long as anyone wants, we are in.

Stuff on the way.... the San Juans are fun and beautiful and the buena vista area has some harder wheeling.

I have always wanted to check out sand hollow and Zion, so extending West would be awesome! Thanks Brian. Also, Brian, if you make the moab trip, it would be nice to have a spotter who knows the line on a couple of those trails. With out knowing what we were doing, Rusty nail got a little hairy in spots last year.

Bryan, no I was wondering what people thought about moving pys back a week. But never mind. Let's stick with this proposal...

That all sounds perfect.

June 17 to 25 for pys?

July 15 to 23 for Moab?

If we want to extend moab, what dates are you thinking, Mark?

I have 1 week of vacation to wheel. I would rather do Moab than PYS, funds will dictate which we can afford.

Do your original dates and extend the stay longer from there as people can

I like it. I'd gladly spend a week or two in moab (or side trips or whatever to St. George)

Yeah, I am usually ok (or as ok as I can be) to move on from Colorado or sd, but I am never ready to leave moab.

Finally got the confirmation on shutdown dates. So I'm taking off July 17 thru the 28. Does this work for you all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom