Pygmalion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

And out come the floors. And the sills. And the rust and fiberglass.

Not for the faint of heart but the concept is to build a pig that will last for at least the next 42 years. Where the metal is weakened by rust, it is being cut out and replaced with new 18 gauge steel. Everything will then get a healthy coat of POR15.

Needless to say, none of this would be possible to do in the time frame we are doing it or affordable without BobM's floor panels, sills, mounts, and supports!

IMG_00000199.jpg

IMG_00000208.jpg

IMG_1242.jpg

Working on it!! Weather has been volatile to say the least but should have next set of ohotos soon.

So after radio silence for 9 months, it's time for an update.

Remember that comment about having very little rust? Let's just say that I bought the full BobM package and had some custom fab work done on top of that. One of the previous owners was very handy with bondo and fiberglass which I have successfully excised. More photos to come.

B Pillar #2.jpg
B Pillar.jpg
B Pillar #3.jpg
A B C PIllar.jpg

Looking good! Better than im currently doing! Glad to see some progress on her.

Thanks. We just got manic about rust removal. Figured that this was a one shot opportunity to take it all out so it all goes, leading to more fab work. The biggest issue is that the welder I was originally going to use fell away so had to move it to another shop. Fitting, tacking, welding, more fab, etc. has been time consuming. Next step is all new door rubber, new seat box for front, then interior paint, carpet, headliner, heat/ac, stereo, etc.

Doing it right the first time! It's not a quick process, but hopefully a lasting one.

Really looks good. How's the roof gutters?

Roof gutters and roof held up surprisingly well. Some surface rust on the roof inside but otherwise in good shape.

Thanks. Holiday lull coming up before hard push in January.

Man, that's some nice work. It makes it easier to have good panels, but you can see all the work that went into that. Good Job!

It's getting close thanks to Ferntucky! He came up big with a replacement left front fender for me. We are fitting and painting this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom