PTO Winch lever rattle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Not sure if anyone else gets this but when I'm driving along, if I get above 2,400RPM, the winch control starts rattling, and it really starts to get annoying on the highway.

Is there any way to get it to stop? I've tried cramming an autobar between the lever and the little cubby hole base but it just makes it louder cause now the entire autolock vibrates.

I was thinking wrapping the lever with hockey tape but I'm not sure if they'll help.

from underneath, crawl under and take a look at where it comes through the flor and follow it down...

from underneath, crawl under and take a look at where it comes through the flor and follow it down...

Alright cool, I'll take a look. What should I be looking for? anything that's loose? That shouldn't be that hard but as to the missing bushing, how can I identify that?

pre 1990 levers are direct bolted to the transmission and ALL rattle. New bushings don't help as I have tried.

1990+ handles have rubber grommits which insulate the lever from a direct connection. I tried to install these grommits in an early lever, and without welding 1" to the side mount hole for the elevational offset- it cannot be done.

1990+ lever sub assemblies can be found at toyota- and have been ordered by ENS for mine truck use but are pricey, $200+ USD

A "beer/can" coozy is the best solution or remove the lever.

Rattling Shifter Fix

On a previous truck, i had a few inches of appropriate diameter heater hose stuck on an otherwise rattly t-case shifter. It's weight seemed to dampen vibrations and it didn't look too out of place.

On a previous truck, i had a few inches of appropriate diameter heater hose stuck on an otherwise rattly t-case shifter. It's weight seemed to dampen vibrations and it didn't look too out of place.

Did it cover the plastic part or did you cover the shaft underneath it?

Did it cover the plastic part or did you cover the shaft underneath it?

I'm not sure I'm understanding your question. It ran between the boot and the shifter knob. But, for a cleaner look, you could try installing it below the boot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom