Proud KZJ78 owner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been stalking this forum for the past few months now and I'm proud to say my '94 KZJ78 is finally chilling in my garage.

Nothing done to it yet - first update will be swapping these shocks out for a better ride.

More posts to come on the future - happy to part of the community~

CleanShot 2022-05-19 at 14.15.50@2x.png

CleanShot 2022-05-19 at 14.16.04@2x.png
CleanShot 2022-05-19 at 14.16.17@2x.png

Awesome Prado man!! Love that color.

Beautiful! The color is great, and I love the flareless look with the 40-series style hubcaps.

Hello,

Welcome to the madness.

Juan

Basic service time!
Replaced the oil with 2 jugs of the AmsOil Heavy Duty SAE 10W-30. I'm in Seattle where it doesn't get too hot so I didnt opt for the 40. Totally forgot to get a fresh washer for the plug... hopefully that doesn't come back to bite me 🤞No leaks thus far

1653583973083.png

Also replaced the air filter with P/N 1780168030. I accidentally bought this other air filter (1780161030) which is pretty much the same thing but a few bucks more and isn't in my parts list. I'm not going to use it right now but I think I'll hold onto it for the next replacement - unless thats a bad idea - since it seems pretty much the same.

And I attempted to replace the fuel filter but I COULD NOT GET IT OFF THE HOUSING.... so I ended up putting back on. There's nothing wrong with it (its a lil beaten up now since I was trying to twist it off) so it should be fine. I just wanted to get a fresh filter in. I tried alot of ways to crank it off: oil filter wrench, a metal band clamp thing, a different oil filter wrench, pure feeble muscles...no luck

1653584487465.png

Next is to replace the coolant. Im a bit of a novice here and I'd never done the block drain before so just need to block out some time to do it all. Ive purchases two jugs of Toyota Long Life Red Coolant (002721LLAC01) that'll need to be diluted.

Anyway that's all for now 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom