Prospeed 100 series roof rack for Landcruiser and LX470! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey It’s that time of Year! We’re starting our Black Friday Sale now! Save 15% off on all Prospeed roof racks and new Rear side plates. Use coupon code: BF15OFF at prospeedrack.com We’re running the sale through to the end of the month. Lead time is approximately 4-8 weeks. I promise it’s worth the wait! I want to thank all our friends and supporters here on MUD! You guys gave us the first chance to offer our racks and have expanded to other models but I’m a 100 series guy through and through :) Let your friends know!

View attachment 2839015
Is this still working for the lc200?

Hey Prospeed - interested in a series 100 rack. Where are you in production as of Feb 2022? Also what is cost?
Cheers

We’re about 2 weeks away from our last batch which will catch up on all pending order and will have a handful left over! Cost is $940 retail .
Did anyone ever install on the 200 yet? Want to see real photos from inside to see how much the sunroof is cover. Thank you in advance.

What up y'all! This question is for anyone who has a solution. Brian (@prospeed)...do YOU have a solution?! I just picked up the Front Runner Quick Release tent mount kit. The Prinsu tent mount fits on the crossbars perfectly but securing the tent to these things is hard AF! I'm talkin HOURS of ratcheting. The front runner mounts are the perfect solution...except they do not fit directly on our crossbars! Brian...do you sell a crossbar that will work with this mount or can you recommend one? Does anyone have any suggestions? I REALLY want to move on from quarter-turning 8 bolts for hours on end, scratching my arms, etc, etc.

What up y'all! This question is for anyone who has a solution. Brian (@prospeed)...do YOU have a solution?! I just picked up the Front Runner Quick Release tent mount kit. The Prinsu tent mount fits on the crossbars perfectly but securing the tent to these things is hard AF! I'm talkin HOURS of ratcheting. The front runner mounts are the perfect solution...except they do not fit directly on our crossbars! Brian...do you sell a crossbar that will work with this mount or can you recommend one? Does anyone have any suggestions? I REALLY want to move on from quarter-turning 8 bolts for hours on end, scratching my arms, etc, etc.
Hi sorry we don’t have a solution to this… I recommend the prinsu 1” tent mounts For your rtt I bolt down 4 bolts and it’s solid

Hey guys! Just wanted to tell you about our new Prospeed Rear Accessory Plates. This product will allow you to carry up to 50lbs on your rear quarter glass. This is a great mod to add a rotopax, waterport, diesel heater and even recover gear or first aid kit. The plates come with 2 industrial strength suction cups and will work on most modular style roof racks such as our rack,Prinsu, Sherpa, etc. we designed it to be low profile and have an oem + look by shaping it around the 100 series window. You can see more pics on our Instagram page @prospeedrack or our website prospeedrack.com
40650D3E-57E0-45C1-8DB7-A0678F6C394F.jpeg

100 Series Rear Accessory Plate

933D4AB7-4F3A-42AC-A5F7-BD0C154C31D7.jpeg

Pictures with a waterport on our gx460 version

B4D2C06A-65E2-4910-BBA0-7B3D744E1636.jpeg
1st Gen Sequoia with dual rotopax setup

Last edited:
Hey everyone, just got around to installing the roof rack today. Definitely a bit more difficult than I thought it would be, then again it's my first time installing an entire roof rack on any car.
Just a few things I'd want to mention on things I'd do if I had to install it again.
1. Test fit - I had a hard to trying to get the rear most bolts for the rear brackets on both sides.
2. Use a clear silicone sealant (I used 3M 5200 White that some others recommended), it was a mess and actually stained my side rails white where it touched.
3. Don't mount the cross bars over the roof top mounting brackets, the roof rack bolts won't fit underneath!

Here are a few pictures that I wanted to include for the spacing of the crossbars if you want to leave space for the sun roof, you would have to relocate the first bar completely if you don't want any cross bars being across your sunroof.

Hoping to get more pictures later on but the sun was setting and had a lot of sealant that still needed to be wiped.

Thanks again @prospeed !

View attachment 2275559

View attachment 2275560
Year later but just chiming in on a relevant thread as I just spoke with 3m

The 5200 is designed to make a permanent bond and parts may well never come apart.

They suggested the marine 4000 UV

I'm sure other options will work fine the key is using silicone with UV resistance and is rated for high heat , low temps ,and is able to stay flexible as the years pass.

I also wrap the bolt threads with Teflon tape but that's probably not necessary. Might even make things worse for the sealant to adhere now that I think about it..hmmm

Screenshot_20220630-154600.png

Year later but just chiming in on a relevant thread as I just spoke with 3m

The 5200 is designed to make a permanent bond and parts may well never come apart.

They suggested the marine 4000 UV

I'm sure other options will work fine the key is using silicone with UV resistance and is rated for high heat , low temps ,and is able to stay flexible as the years pass.

I also wrap the bolt threads with Teflon tape but that's probably not necessary. Might even make things worse for the sealant to adhere now that I think about it..hmmm

View attachment 3046815
Is there a good alternative to this that is clear?

Or did I? No, you’re right - My zeal, or rather, my obsession for the Prospeed ladder blinded my quoter. Just meant to post a generic response. FWIW, I used some black outdoor rated silicone in my holes
Haha you're good. And thanks!

Hey guys. Michael here. I bought my Prospeed rack for my 100 in June 2020 and it has been holding me down since. Like many of you I use a RTT when I am out in the world but it is always a struggle to get it bolted on and then remove the tent from the rack. The truck will not fit in the garage with the tent on top. I got tired of bruised and scraped arms and hours spent securing the tent and created a rapid release tent mount as a solution! Check me out in the Classified Small Business Storefront or just search Hard Impact Designs. You can find me on IG @HardImpactDesigns. This has been a game changer for me and I am confident it will be for you too!
BB-IP2.jpg
TB-IP3.jpg
FS-IP7.jpg
CB-IP2.jpg
CB-IP6.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys. Michael here. I bought my Prospeed rack for my 100 in June 2020 and it has been holding me down since. Like many of you I use a RTT when I am out in the world but it is always a struggle to get it bolted on and then remove the tent from the rack. The truck will not fit in the garage with the tent on top. I got tired of bruised and scraped arms and hours spent securing the tent and created a rapid release tent mount as a solution! Check me out in the Classified Small Business Storefront or just search Hard Impact Designs. You can find me on IG @HardImpactDesigns. This has been a game changer for me and I am confident it will be for you too!
View attachment 3115147View attachment 3115149View attachment 3115153
Great simple but effective design! 👌🏼

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom