Prospeed 100 series roof rack for Landcruiser and LX470! (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I got my shipping notification from Brian at Prospeed yesterday and received it today (I live in Nevada so only one state over).
Thanks for getting these out!
Can't wait to get it mounted.

Got my shipping notification and expecting arrival this week! Can’t wait to install this thing! Will post pics when complete

Anyone recommend what adhesive or sealant to use for the holes? I know the sample installation video (from LXPlore) used a black RTV.

Anyone recommend what adhesive or sealant to use for the holes? I know the sample installation video (from LXPlore) used a black RTV.

I recommend any silicone based sealant or weather sealant and I recommend using clear sealant so you can see the bolt holes easier :)

Hey everyone, just got around to installing the roof rack today. Definitely a bit more difficult than I thought it would be, then again it's my first time installing an entire roof rack on any car.
Just a few things I'd want to mention on things I'd do if I had to install it again.
1. Test fit - I had a hard to trying to get the rear most bolts for the rear brackets on both sides.
2. Use a clear silicone sealant (I used 3M 5200 White that some others recommended), it was a mess and actually stained my side rails white where it touched.
3. Don't mount the cross bars over the roof top mounting brackets, the roof rack bolts won't fit underneath!

Here are a few pictures that I wanted to include for the spacing of the crossbars if you want to leave space for the sun roof, you would have to relocate the first bar completely if you don't want any cross bars being across your sunroof.

Hoping to get more pictures later on but the sun was setting and had a lot of sealant that still needed to be wiped.

Thanks again @prospeed !

Prospeed Sunroof.jpg

Prospeed Top View.jpg

Wow looks good! Yes, any good clear rtv silicone sealant would work... be generous it will save you the hassle of redoing it again... ask me how I know haha

Hello @prospeed

What T-Slot Nut do you suggest to use on your rack?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom