Pros and cons for moving gas tank on fj40 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Where did you get your tank?
That was a TCI fuel cell. I more recently built a tank for it though, over 30 gallons.

20220220_221013.jpg

I am moving mine to rear outside. I bought a NOS confer tank it was a nogo with my 14 bolt pushed back 4 inches. I spent some time with tape measure and drew up a tank for rear. I had steel water jet cut at work and sent it to get bent on CNC brake. Front bottom and rear one piece 1/4in. Both sides and top built from 11 ga. Cubic inches converted to gallons should be 23 1/2 gal capacity. Here are a few pics putting it together

IMG_1923.jpeg

IMG_1924.jpeg

IMG_1925.jpeg

I am moving mine to rear outside. I bought a NOS confer tank it was a nogo with my 14 bolt pushed back 4 inches. I spent some time with tape measure and drew up a tank for rear. I had steel water jet cut at work and sent it to get bent on CNC brake. Front bottom and rear one piece 1/4in. Both sides and top built from 11 ga. Cubic inches converted to gallons should be 23 1/2 gal capacity. Here are a few pics putting it together

View attachment 3413095

View attachment 3413096

View attachment 3413097
How did this turn out? Any updates?

I've flopped my rig with the tank under the seat over 50 times and never had a problem .
Remind me not to go wheeling with you 🤪

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom