Project - why did i do this? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Awesome work! Would like to stop by sometime and get some guidance...definitely inspiration. Mine is a Dune Beige ‘75
that could use similar resto

For sure happy to show it off.
Also Update on the 4x4 issue. I changed all diff, transfer case and tranny fluid and the back wheels turned in 2H so I think it is all sorted out. Still really hoping I don’t have to replace the rear main.

I had to build a new ignition coil mount since the fenders i used had different mounts and i believe the previous owner jerry-rigged it a little too aggressively when they put in the dual battery setup.

in other news i am getting pretty close to finishing up the last touches on this. I used some rattle can vinyl fabric paint on the dash pads. I am not sure how it will turn out but it seemed like it was worth a try after i looked at the cost of replacing them.

IMG_3384.JPEG

IMG_3385.JPEG

IMG_3387.JPEG

IMG_3388.JPEG

IMG_3389.JPEG

I’m scared to post more detailed pictures because at this point I think I may have installed everything upside down. Maybe the best option is ship it to Australia. Is that how it works?

UPDATE: after finished putting the car together, fixing fuel neck & finishing all the polishing i learned a lot. First weld through Zinc primer is CRITICAL!! there was one side of the fuel neck that did not have any and it was already very rusted. it has only been maybe 8months and it was in a garage the entire time. so if you had any questions make sure you use a good weld through primer and get it everywhere!!! Next DO NOT put any body filler or anything in the "Joint" between the rear quarter panel and the "B" Pillar. doing this will cause the paint to crack. do not try and hide the joint it should be filled with flexible seem sealer and that is it. polishing is a high risk activity, it is very easy to burn through your clear coat. also pushing to hard at low speeds can actually rip the paint off even if you do not rip through the clear coat.

I was driving and then parked and discovered that i have a bunch of oil leaks i have not identified the source and have to go out of town on business but will check back in after with pictures and such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom