Project Turn-Key (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here is a few pics of my truck from last weekend...

Mud shipping the mini-truck way:
468851_10151017034823658_1350839701_o.jpg

529567_4278045917242_275146167_n.jpg

250993_4278077318027_1976171261_n.jpg

246554_4278078478056_921672320_n.jpg

I gotta say the more I wheel this truck, the more I love it!

Quick and long over-due update...

For my wedding gift, I got 8 3watt LED lights for rock lights! Tonsofun was even nice enough to mount and wire them up for me. (i haz awesome friends...) I can't wait to try them out at Cruisin the Woods this year. Saturday night run anybody?

9.jpg

During the install, I had an old friend of mine from the VW world stop by. After a lot of talking about VW show trends from 10 years ago (and a lot of beer), Brian decided we needed to bring back the "bad boy look" electrical tape mod. Yes, it's dumb and yes, it makes me happy!

8.jpg

On another note, Aubrey (my 3 yr old daughter) was able to take a ride with me for the first time ever. She loved it!

7.jpg

Here is a few shots of me playing on Can Opener in the Tillamook State Forest last weekend. Our club, Cascade Cruisers, hosted their annual Cruisin' the Woods event so I took the chance to play a bit. I walked up it (with good spotting) after 2 buggies got denied!

20120929_160732.jpg

20120929_160848.jpg

20120929_161031.jpg

20120929_161101.jpg

20120929_161144.jpg

20120929_161152.jpg

Nice, and you gotta love showing a buggy how it's done in a full fendered rig.

Here is a video of me going up Can Opener: http://youtu.be/rPxJsP_LIAw
Thanks for the link! See you have same issues keeping it running at angles. Don't you have stock carb? I see from 1st post it's "modified carb", what was done? My Weber is stock, but I've read there's a kit that can be had that will improve off road performance. I'm assuming something in the float chamber. Have you considered 22re mod? BTW, enjoyed watching the video :clap: What is the loud clicking heard occasionally - lockers or something on your rig?

Last edited:
Actually, it's only hard to start after it dies. It dying on the hill was my driving, not the truck. I'm still not used to wheeling this thing! I do have the stock Asian carb but it's had all the little tweeks done so it runs at angles. There is a good link in FAQs about all the things you can do to a stock carb. I didn't build it, so I'm not possitive on everything that has been done to mine. As far as a 22RE, I would never take the time to swap one in. When the ol 22R gives up I will go straight to a 3RZ. I don't think it's worth the time swapping in a 22RE. Not enough gain for the time/cost.

As far as the noise, that is my tires rubbing on the leaf springs up front, steering box, fenders, etc. I really need narrower tires!

Actually, it's only hard to start after it dies. It dying on the hill was my driving, not the truck. I'm still not used to wheeling this thing!......
Yeah, the auto in my 80 sure spoiled me - got me out of practice with sticks. I wheeled other brand mini's for years when I was younger. Bet you appreciate the 2nd transfer and reduced gears, though.:cool:
...........As far as a 22RE, I would never take the time to swap one in. When the ol 22R gives up I will go straight to a 3RZ. I don't think it's worth the time swapping in a 22RE. Not enough gain for the time/cost........!
How common is the 3RZ mod in a 1st gen? Looks like the exhaust manifold is on the PS which on mine would mean routing pipe back over to DS somewhere before gas tank.

........As far as the noise, that is my tires rubbing on the leaf springs up front, steering box, fenders, etc. I really need narrower tires!
Wow, I bet that got your attention until you figured it out:eek: Those leafs slamming back on the pack kinda sound like a birf going :bang:

The dual cases makes a world of difference for sure! As for the motor swap, there is a tin of info on Pirate4x4 about it. I know that people have put them in 1st Gens but I didn't pay much attention. I was focusing on the 2nd gens.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using IH8MUD app.

I am just waiting for you to decide that a backseat is cool but there is still not enough room for other cargo and then move back to a wagon again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom