Project "Red Dawn" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I would imagine the install would be exactly the same. Battling it not wanting to start right now. I can get it to turn with the key but not start. So odd.
Did you try doing the prime. Key on wait for display to light up then try to start

Did you try doing the prime. Key on wait for display to light up then try to start

Yes sir. Spent a whole afternoon. Checking connections and every other thing. Kind of lost. Ordered a fuel pressure gauge to add inline. After that and the starter it’s going to really bug me if it doesn’t fire up.

Last edited:
Yes sir. Spent a whole afternoon. Checking connections and every other thing. Kind of lost. Ordered a fuel pressure gauge to add inline. After that and the starter it’s going to really bug me if it doesn’t fire up.
Maybe double or triple prime. You can also increase the prime in the settings

Sniper fired up today thanks to tech advice from @wngrog and Lance at Iron Pig Off road. I ended up with so much free time I cleaned all the wires up and installed the OEM headlight kit Toyota still sells. Pics attached of part number.

BB8544F3-F2F5-4452-BE98-7556125F31F2.jpeg

BA3A2C34-3CE5-4F97-9164-865393F5ED2F.jpeg

35A174D3-1CC2-43EC-98E8-E4C51FAF4EB7.jpeg

1F725804-FD92-4E31-96A7-A8EBE4DE4C41.jpeg

Acquired a Vintage Toyota Motors Bottle Screw Jack 0.7 Ton Capacity. Has part number 09110-13010 on it. These are still available from the dealer as well I found out.

01842ADC-7C72-4535-BF1D-93D92FCFC731.jpeg

50F32F4E-49CE-4BA1-A501-2B03CF9D4D69.jpeg

3DB7CE7D-755A-4433-A3C9-AE333D2A8E38.jpeg

Acquired a Vintage Toyota Motors Bottle Screw Jack 0.7 Ton Capacity. Has part number 09110-13010 on it. These are still available from the dealer as well I found out.

View attachment 2830641

View attachment 2830642

View attachment 2830643
A couple of Toyota jack threads that I found helpful:

Was the headlight kit plug and play for the most part? Where did you order it?

Was the headlight kit plug and play for the most part? Where did you order it?

Yeah, the headlight kit is plug-and-play. I ordered it from Vescovo Toyota. They offer free shipping and no tax with orders over $75 using the code “freeship”. $40 for the whole kit. I purchased two of them as I used the extra harness to wire the OEM fog lights.

Yeah, the headlight kit is plug-and-play. I ordered it from Vescovo Toyota. They offer free shipping and no tax with orders over $75 using the code “freeship”. $40 for the whole kit. I purchased two of them as I used the extra harness to wire the OEM fog lights.

How did the extra harness workout for the fog light install? I'm waiting delivery on the OEM fog lights, brackets and switch but had not considered a harness. I did the headlight upgrade a while back and that harness included a ton of wire and 2 relays but it plugged into the existing headlight wires.

How did the extra harness workout for the fog light install? I'm waiting delivery on the OEM fog lights, brackets and switch but had not considered a harness. I did the headlight upgrade a while back and that harness included a ton of wire and 2 relays but it plugged into the existing headlight wires.

Well the harness is great for me as it's just a basic well made harness that only requires one trigger wire. That trigger wire comes from the fog light switch. As we discussed it just closes the circuit so power is applied. I shortned the harness a bit after it was laid out. It's far easier having too much harness to route then making a short one work. I am waiting on additional fog light knkbs and switches to come in but will do a quick write up.

Last edited:

@Green Bean you can just as easily use this harness and just make the OEM fog light switch the trigger by cutting off the push button end.

Limited-time deal: Nilight - 10016W 16AWG DT Connector Wiring Harness Kit LED Light Bar 12V On Off Switch Power Relay Blade Fuse for Off Road Lights LED Work Light-2 Leads,2 Years Warranty Amazon product ASIN B076C4MXR1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom