Build Project Old Blue Eyes

Member Builds and Stories

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DANG!!!

That looks so good!! Can't wait to see it in person.

PS - Your seats are ready whenever you want them!

1786583646764.webp


1786583699950.webp
 
Few things going on still while she’s at the spa…

Swapped out the heavy-ish OME springs with a set of Light Duty OME’s and kept the fresh Bilsteins, to soften up the ride…

81007973321__8D176CEF-66F1-4279-A444-2824F936C1B7.webp


81007988327__943F8037-4075-49F8-91E0-089B840F1F3E.webp


81007991067__E5958C72-F500-45A5-B65E-2173F40FB7BC.webp
 
While it was up in the air, noticed some seepage from the oil pan gasket and said that seems like a spa-thing to take care of…

Pulled the pan and noticed a bunch of sludge in the bottom, so gave it all a good cleaning, replaced the oil pickup, and put it all back together…

81016453177__3FDF5A91-CF58-43E1-8EDC-42BC5957506F.webp


81016455998__25845943-5017-432F-A657-4764F548DE2E.webp


81016455183__D39503FA-2532-45EB-B124-77D94D254739.webp


81021747114__867B5137-D3C7-4DE0-815B-8458E83DD242.webp


81021747946__60A0B7A7-4DBB-4D3E-97AD-5CDF04BCEBCF.webp


81021534339__CA21DD69-9423-45FF-B401-BB52CCE7857C.webp
 
Then comes the first fun piece that’s been sitting in a closet shrink-wrapped for the last year… the 4-plus tire carrier.

Solid as a rock and just looks like it belongs 🤷🏾‍♂️

81025047100__F8DBF472-2D04-49D7-BCDA-FAAB213BD83B.webp


81025192991__AD373065-DC24-491B-87C5-D08768BAE513.webp


81025193735__23035881-D5A8-4F85-9A75-007BD68FAC4E.webp


81025195154__C9BFD7D1-E458-4268-AC54-E389E12831A3.webp


81025196866__87AE87AD-A384-48E5-82D7-5D844B98E236.webp
 
Another small update…
Really wanted one of those pretty @OPMACHINE bumpers that I ordered back in Feb because I know they’re stout, but I know he’s a busy man and I just couldn’t wait any longer so I picked up a JT outfitters one. Just not a fan of the bullbar that was originally on it.

81057942813__A748FD7B-5C2A-4E9E-9E13-D30B0A61F969.webp


81057943990__4E7CD489-18CD-4FC1-B9E5-2A81DB083052.webp
 
Gonna modify the passenger bumperette and get that mounted tomorrow… but the driver side is on…

IMG_9238.webp
 
More stuff happening today… passenger bumperette getting modified to fit with the 4plus tire carrier…

81067590253__216984F7-86B1-4FCF-A10C-64500238C284.webp


81067963370__46030BB1-E93B-41BB-9F8C-5A820E883154.webp
 
Last edited:
Also as far as tunes go, I’m a proponent of no-wire solutions with big sound. I have one of these hyperbooms at our cabin and it’s perfect. But along with putting together a “mounting cradle” that I can lock it down with, it also requires a plug to charge it when the truck is on.

Here’s the most elegant solution we could figure out, gonna mount this behind the center console and we’ll see if all of this trouble is worth it or if the 40 reminds me that music isn’t one of its best features…

81067871096__BE2FFC46-6219-45D1-A0F7-ACE1D257DD8D.webp


81067871889__5ED13AA4-B5BF-408D-B34E-BB137F5561A7.webp


IMG_5935.webp
 
it's early but maybe I'm not thinking this correctly
do you need to pick up on the spare tire arm to clear the bumperette?
or does the entire part of the bumperette need to be modified to clear the arm?

currently, it seems like the arm won't swing out.
 
it's early but maybe I'm not thinking this correctly
do you need to pick up on the spare tire arm to clear the bumperette?
or does the entire part of the bumperette need to be modified to clear the arm?

currently, it seems like the arm won't swing out.
The top bar is the part that swings out… the bottom bar is fixed so just providing clearance for it to mount is sufficient.
 
The top bar is the part that swings out… the bottom bar is fixed so just providing clearance for it to mount is sufficient.

I see it now.
 
We decided to add a 12V source alongside the panel where the plug will go, all mounted to the bottom of the Tuffy…

81128980606__D61920AA-2FB1-4306-B17E-D27ABA74A6DC.webp


81128979998__670B9CA7-8D73-4A06-8DDC-4A37DD4ECC76.webp
 
More pictures…

81134426591__5F655509-6A28-4A0C-919A-AD6315C82E3A.webp


81134425892__47FA27D6-3474-4E18-8C41-55E3AF132841.webp
 
Back
Top Bottom