Builds Project "Gold Digger" Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1640323157664.png

1640323114219.jpeg

Aren't you glad you kept it and didn't buy a Jeep? It is looking good.

Now what?
*105 steering rebuild
*Ceramic coat new exhaust
*Install Slee slides and belly pan

*Powder coat Trail Tailor armor and install
*Hydro dip vale cover
*Get Chain Tensioner from Uncle Joey

*Engine refresh and Supercharger install.
*On Board Air/Order TrekBoxx
*Finalize sound system and communications/Install.

Hoping to wrap this up by April so I can go Moab

Last edited:
Wow, that’s still quite a bit. Looking forward to seeing what you decide to source and how you rig everything to suit your needs.

Looking forward to seeing this rig at Cruise Moab this year.

Please give feedback on the Kings.

Well I was finally able to sneak away from work this evening to go see the cruiser. First impression was how big the rig is. I can't imagine needing a 6" spring or larger tires.

They have the steering box out to Redhead, so other than that and an abs light issues the truck is apparently almost ready to come home.

As far as the King's and suspension, this is my 1st and only 80 I have driven. Once I get to drive it it will still be compared to some blown out shocks from 1996.

However the shop owner Dmitriy @eurosonic has owned and built multiple 80's, so I am sure his expertise would be better feedback if he is so inclined.

I ordered my King set up with standard valving, 3-5" lift length, and adjusters. I added bolt in air bumps and steering stabilizer.

StellarBuilt is always extremely busy, however if you email sales@stellarbuilt.com I am sure they can help you pick out a great setup.

Looking forward to seeing this rig at Cruise Moab this year.
Me too, I'm going to pay the fee and hope for the best. If I can get the time off work is a different story. Heck only took me a month and a half to finally find an hour of time to go see my rig LOL.

January to August, time sure flyes...she be a beauty.
What have you done?

January to August, time sure flyes...she be a beauty.
What have you done?
Thanks man, hope your project is going well!

After I got it back from StellarBuilt, I installed the sliders and belly pan. Did a ceramic coated exhaust with the bolt on Magnaflow/Borla bits and new manifolds.

Also did new oil cooler cover/pressure sensor/harness while the manifolds were off. That's really about it sadly. I work a lot, so it has really just sat in the garage.

I still have shelves full of parts for the engine refresh and blower install. Debating the last few weeks on if I want to sell it or not.

Going to be moving next month so no clue when I can finish it. Will probably list it on BAT, if I get my money back out of it (Reserve) Ill let it go.

However I'm just not willing to take a loss, after all this time and effort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom