Builds Project - EffjJay Eighty - 2UZ powered (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thank you Overlander 80 - I know we've talked before, but I dont recall where your located. You in WA ?

Alright, so I got the ABS relo kit from Marks4wd courtesy of my VERY generous friend Eric. I appreciate it bro.

The kit came well packaged, with almost all the parts to do a knuckle service. I had just serviced them, so I didn't use some of the parts.

IMG_6115.JPG

IMG_6117.JPG

The backing plate gets removed and replaced with this revised trim

IMG_6135.JPG

Heres the mount for the ABS sensor - a little bit of the material has to be trimmed off the knuckle to fit this guy on here.

IMG_6136.JPG

IMG_6137.JPG

IMG_6140.JPG

IMG_6141.JPG

I should note, I have a problem with these two bolt heads rubbing on the reluctor ring plate and I need to go back and trim them.

IMG_6143.JPG

IMG_6144.JPG

This guy gets heated up and dropped over the hub assembly. It will need to be removed when the rotors are changed. I have no idea how ill get it off there...

IMG_6145.JPG

IMG_6149.JPG

IMG_6152.JPG

Then the reluctor ring/plate gets mounted to the hub adapter

IMG_6154.JPG

The whole assembly ready to rock

IMG_6131.JPG

I don't care for the fold-able star washers that get sandwiched between the spindle nuts.
So I got the TG chromo's with lock ring. They are BA, hopefully they'll hold up.

IMG_6126.JPG

I also did the TG hub stud kit since 80% of mine were stripped.

And a set of the aisin hubs with circlip/birf mod

IMG_6132.JPG

Someone had already swapped birfs on my rig apparently because I had two different drive flanges.

IMG_6165.JPG

With the aisin hubs, I needed to make the circlip groove closer in. I made a spacer to allow the outer clip to remain on without machining a new groove... but the hub hits it so I had to pull them and machine the groove anyway...

IMG_6171.JPG

IMG_6169.JPG

IMG_6172.JPG

Machined it down to slide over the birf

IMG_6174.JPG

IMG_6175.JPG

IMG_6177.JPG

kudos to all your effort on this.

after seeing this.... i'm even MORE reluctant to swap over to manual hubs. Probably just shelved the idea all together.

kudos to all your effort on this.

after seeing this.... i'm even MORE reluctant to swap over to manual hubs. Probably just shelved the idea all together.
You don't have to do the ABS relo to do the hubs. You may have to mod the birfs, but its easy.
Technically you don't even have to remove them.

Thank you Overlander 80 - I know we've talked before, but I dont recall where your located. You in WA ?

Alright, so I got the ABS relo kit from Marks4wd courtesy of my VERY generous friend Eric. I appreciate it bro.

The kit came well packaged, with almost all the parts to do a knuckle service. I had just serviced them, so I didn't use some of the parts.

IMG_6115.JPG

IMG_6117.JPG

The backing plate gets removed and replaced with this revised trim

IMG_6135.JPG

Heres the mount for the ABS sensor - a little bit of the material has to be trimmed off the knuckle to fit this guy on here.

IMG_6136.JPG

IMG_6137.JPG
Canton, Ohio. Was living in Vermont when my first cruiser quest began. Gotta agree with concretejungle about not doing the part time kit now, particularly if the efficiency doesn't change much. Your detailed build documentation is really appreciated, it's what made the creation of my truck successful.

Thanks guys ^

Here is my next extremely high profile mod that I did this past weekend LOL :steer:
In all seriousness, i'm pretty stoked with how it looks now. I already had a cruiser guy at the parts store ask how I did the conversion.

IMG_6182.JPG

They are nasty and full of grease from before I rebuilt one of the axles

IMG_6181.JPG

Center punch this in the dimple that's already there from the mold

IMG_6545.JPG

Drill that guy out with a small pilot hole

IMG_6546.JPG

In prep for the big dog

IMG_6548.JPG

They turned out sick and with a tiny-tiny bit of trimming they snap on better than before :bounce:

IMG_6554.JPG

IMG_6555.JPG

Generally not a fan of the plastic center caps...but kudos on your creation; they look nice!

I just read it as well, researching for my own possible swap:) Thank you for documenting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom