Builds Project Code Name "ASAP Flaps" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks great! Glad you got it working. I think you're the first with that bumper to get these on. It's so hard as a seller to make sure they fit with many different bumpers, but it seems most are able to make it work with minor modifications. Thanks for sharing!
Absolutely! I think as a “universal” type of kit, it is perfect for 99% of applications. I didnt mind chopping off part of the bracket if it meant I could get em to fit! Thanks again for putting together such a great product. Will definitely be spreading the word

Hey all! Another small batch is available. Shipping is 2-3 weeks from purchase.

Thanks!
These flaps are amazingly useful and are nearly indestructible. I have used them in all kinds of weather, winter storms and hot desert type environment, they have always been incredible!
Absolutely worth the price!

20220506_110556.jpg

Last edited:
Love mine so much. Lost a front one in Morocco last month—let’s me contribute a “with/without” contrast here in the French Alps, where we got hammered with snow earlier this week.
These things do keep significant amounts of crud off your body.

7BE1F2AC-DD09-4609-9B48-5DE2B0E51BFE.jpeg

88C7DA23-7C85-493C-A8A5-543A886EF489.jpeg

Love mine so much. Lost a front one in Morocco last month—let’s me contribute a “with/without” contrast here in the French Alps, where we got hammered with snow earlier this week.
These things do keep significant amounts of crud off your body.

View attachment 3225701

View attachment 3225707
That reminds me that I need to get around to swapping the plastic spacers out for the correct (thinner) ones that Ramathorn sent out for the batch I was in. He sent them like a week after the flaps, but two years later I still haven't swapped them. 🤣 As AVE says, "There's nothing more permanent than good enough for now!" I should probably do it this weekend before I lose a flap.

May have a lead on a engineless 80 for cheap. Would make a great prototype truck. Hopefully I'll be able to get it in a month or two.
Omg I cannot wait man. The way the 80 is designed with the factory fender flares, the mud flaps look right at home IMO. I took off the factory mud flaps to clear the Slee bumper and sliders and every time I look at the 80 I just can’t help but think it’s missing your mud flaps man.

Replacement flap received in SW France within about five days of placing order—amazing.

4756DF9D-9EA4-4477-B8B0-550A4A3A0614.jpeg

9C0D7C7C-4F2A-49F2-9D66-AF4E4F24E435.jpeg

Ive been looking for a set of flaps for my 100. And knowing they work with the new Dissent rear bumper these look like the perfect solution. Any word when you will have more in stock?

These look pretty cool, I'll have to get some once I'm done fixing the worn out suspension parts. Have you given any though to making some covers that would protect the back side of the front fog lights and make the front fender wells look more finished?

Edit: sold

I have a used set of flaps for 100 if anyone is looking! Modified the pass rear mount to fit a Valleytech bumper. Missing some hardware but Rami should be able to set you up/point you in the right direction $225 shipped
IMG_4505.jpeg

IMG_4504.jpeg

IMG_4506.jpeg

IMG_4504.jpeg

Last edited:
Just finished installing my ASAP flaps from the latest batch, been waiting a bit for these to be available and super pumped to have them on the truck. Awesome work @Ramathorn15

Owl Expedition provides terrific install instructions, below are specific notes from my installation on 07 LC:

Definitely a good idea to pre-run screws through all of the plastic extruded nutserts.

The extruded nutserts needed pressure from the backside in order to thread the screws.

For the few extruded nutserts I couldn’t easily get a finger behind (especially front wheels lower screw, both driver and passenger side) I used superglue to attach the nutsert, let it dry for a couple hours.

Rear notes- my 07 LC features a plastic splash guard on driver rear wheel well. I removed this piece completely to get bracket in place, mainly to make room to get a finger behind each nutsert for threading.

The splash guard shared a couple of attachment points with the bracket- I cut the plastic holes on the guard into slots so I could reinstall the guard after all nutserts were threaded. I purchased 2 x 1.5” screws specifically for this splash guard/bracket sandwich. Photos would really help explain this but I don’t have any because I am a terrible documentarian.

For the rear flap ball stud I ended up with final size hole using 7/32 bit.

Fronts- wheel well splash guards- I didn’t need to remove the body cladding and didn’t have any fasteners blocked by my sliders. Pretty straightforward once I thought about the superglue for lower bracket screws.

All bracket screws in my kit are 4mm hex head.

Fun install, can’t wait to get them dirty.

Soooo, completely forgot to remove these on a trip out wheeling a month or so back and didn't notice until washing the truck a week later that all 4 flaps were gone :cry:

Any options to just order replacement flaps and some of the plastic hardware?

Soooo, completely forgot to remove these on a trip out wheeling a month or so back and didn't notice until washing the truck a week later that all 4 flaps were gone :cry:

Any options to just order replacement flaps and some of the plastic hardware?
I left one of my fronts at Pearl Pass off Aspen CO. Have been meaning to reach out to @Ramathorn15 to see if replacements can be sourced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom