Builds Project 200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

question for ya guys; these adjustable shocks; are they difficult to adjust? Meaning when motor trend or one of the other magazines reviewed the Ford Raptor to the Dodge pre runner they said that the raptor suspension was better researched and dialed in. Can us regular guys do this type of adjustment to be able to fully utilize these shocks?? Or are these primarily for the track type or off road racer guys??

The adjustment points on the shocks are usually physically easy to access and adjust. What we are after by offering the adjustments is to allow the end user to tune to their preference and conditions. Ride quality is subjective, and also handling, to a degree. The more adjustments there are, the more complicated it can be. Having just the compression knob on the King Shocks allows most folks to easily make the change required... The Ohlins shown has 4 adjustments, and will require a little more knowledge to work with, so they are not for everyone.

Last edited:
The wheels are complete. The fake beadlock ring mounting holes were scoured out/cleaned to remove any oxidation, and then filled with an epoxy. Primer used was an acid etch, base color is Nissan paint code K11, top clear is an egg shell finish.

trdwheeldarkgrey.jpg

For now, yes. My wife wants a capable vehicle that will function well every day. With very minor modifications, the narrow tires on high positive offset wheels will still tuck into fenders while running the increased width Tundra arms and rear axle. The Tundra arms and axle are 3.5" wider than the Land Cruiser, so the LC will gain 1.75" per side. All else being equal, the wider track will offer a gain in stabilty at stock height, and equal stabilty to stock while running 1.75" of lift. The wheel travel up front will approach 12" with the long arms.... like your S4, this will be sleeper to most folks eyes.

I'll be building an exhaust for the 200 this spring. Nomally, I'd grab a Borla muffler or two, a bunch of 304 tubing, and have at it. This time around, a TRD Tundra Muffler will be dissected... why? Proven gains which can be improved upon. The most common complaint with the early TRD system is.... it's too quiet!Perfect for Land Cruiser duty! I can build a nice drone free system based on this tuned for 5.7L muffler, too bad it's built from 409 series stainless. A copy from 304 will work well. If there's interest in this, I'll give its own thread.

Video of sound http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8WDLXT3I-U

trddissect.jpg

The LC arms look substantially beefier? Are they so in person?

subscribing :popcorn:

The 4.30 rear lsd differential has arrived. The plan is to break it down for mods/tweaking... and hopefully find that big 1.28" 32 spline pinion. Mods will include a solid pinion spacer along with WPC treatment for the gears and clutch plates. WPC is neat... I've been looking for a place to try it. It can reduce or eliminate lsd low speed chatter and increase the life of the clutch plates significantly. This is important as the preload will likely be increased. Through the use of a torque wrench and a custom jig, the breakaway torque can be accurately measured, and then the diff will be adjusted to the proper load.

WPC info http://www.wpctreatment.com/

200430diff.jpg

200430diff2.jpg

Gosh....you are making a monster!!!

Rear Ohlins shock sneak peek. TTX design is cavitation free, 2.2" body, 2.5" rezi, 4 way adjustable damping. Shock pictured is 8.75" travel, or about the same as a stock unit, the body will allow a 10.25" travel shaft, which will be installed shortly. The last 2" of the travel gets the PDS secondary piston involved, for awesome bottoming resistance. Upper mount retains stock style pin and bushings for daily driving NHV comfort, lower mount is a sealed and greased joint. This is probably the highest tech shock one will ever see on a Land Cruiser.

ohlins200rear2.jpg

ohlins200rear.jpg

$$$, I bet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom