Problem with RPM (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads

Hi friends
Please help me.. I don’t know why the RPM can’t be stable
Am waiting for your reply
Thank you all

What kinda car do you have? If gas/fuel injection I would start with checking the TPS. Check engine light on, what codes?

Last edited:
In video, it does look like check engine light is illuminated. Sounds like a diesel and with location shown, I'm betting it is. I agree with tools r us - codes?

kinda doubt it with a 5200rpm redline

In video, it does look like check engine light is illuminated. Sounds like a diesel and with location shown, I'm betting it is. I agree with tools r us - codes?

Have never heard of a LX450 that wasn't 1FZ and OBD2?

kinda doubt it with a 5200rpm redline
Missed that - good point.

Have never heard of a LX450 that wasn't 1FZ and OBD2?
Since you own a LX450, you would know better than me....lol. Main point was that I saw engine check light in video. If you're doing mud on your phone, you might not be able to see that.

It doesn't sound like the RPM of the motor is changing, just the tachometer. FWIW, I have noticed this a few times on my LX450, usually at idle. However I don't really stare at the tach when driving.
It appears like the needle takes a few hits once in a while. Likely a poor connection between the igniter and dash cluster.

It doesn't sound like the RPM of the motor is changing, just the tachometer. FWIW, I have noticed this a few times on my LX450, usually at idle. However I don't really stare at the tach when driving.
It appears like the needle takes a few hits once in a while. Likely a poor connection between the igniter and dash cluster.
According to his speedometer, he's doing just under 55 mph and that's not fluctuating either. So with those 2 clues, I'd have to agree with a poor connection since it's an electric tach.

My tach does exactly the same thing, but it seems to be intermittent and does not seem to be related to engine performance.

Hi bro
The engine light is on because catalyst filters are removed but i had no problem.. I drive in 2 years with out catalyst filter no problem.. but now i have this problem after some car service
1 trothel claining
2 gear oil change
(I am sorry i have poor English )
Thank you all friends

Hi bro
It is gasoline engine 1FZ-FE

B3B7D5DF-B6FB-4729-B819-FA15BCC3D11E.jpeg

Hi bro
The engine light is on because catalyst filters are removed but i had no problem.. I drive in 2 years with out catalyst filter no problem.. but now i have this problem after some car service
1 trothel claining
2 gear oil change
(I am sorry i have poor English )
Thank you all friends
Can you return your car to the person that serviced it? If you do not see a performance difference, it could be a loose electrical connection that happened when your car was serviced. In your video it looks like your speed and engine sound does not fluctuate with the tach rpm indications.

Can you return your car to the person that serviced it? If you do not see a performance difference, it could be a loose electrical connection that happened when your car was serviced. In your video it looks like your speed and engine sound does not fluctuate with the tach rpm indications.
Thank you for reply
Tomorrow i will try to make good video for this problem
Thank for all friends

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom