Prinsu Rack Accessory Question.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I wanna add some tie down spots to my rack... has anyone used these 80/20 nuts instead of disassembling the rack and sliding the tslot nuts in the rails??

McMaster-Carr

Those look nice. Might be the wrong size, though. PrInSu uses 1" extrusion single (2" double/quad), as it were.

Disclaimer: I am not an expert.

Those look nice. Might be the wrong size, though. PrInSu uses 1" extrusion single (2" double/quad), as it were.

Disclaimer: I am not an expert.

sorry.. yes.. I linked the wrong ones.. these..

The draw to these is that you can insert them into the rail without sliding in from the end.

McMaster-Carr

I think I bought those from McMaster however the regular oval shaped nuts can be dropped in just as easily. Just undo the two machine bolts on one side of a cross extrusion and lift it up and slide a nut or nuts in. Literally takes less than a minute.

Can't see anything wrong with this, per se, however, it looks like this type of fastener might be biased to loading direction. If you're interested in putting in a carriage bolt, you could consider notching the 80/20 with a counterbore:

Doesn't need to be a fancy milled slot, you could probably work down the edges with a rotary tool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom