Prescott "metro" cruisers. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sorry that I don't know of a better way to do this, but I just got a 74 Fj and I live in Chino Valley. How do I get in contact with fellow Cruiser owners in the tri city area? Jeep owners are all around me but I don't know any other TLC owners around here.

Thanks,
Jeff
Just go to the IHOP in Prescott Valley on the third Saturday of any month. Park on the north side near Wendy's. We meet at 10 AM, outside. If you are hungry, show up early to finish eating by around 10.

CSC also has a meet in the Valley on the third Friday night in Tempe. It is at a Sonic on Broadway Road between Mclintock & Rural.

There is also a meet in Flagstaff that is pretty regular, but I don't have the details.

Well I hope I can make it to IHOP on the 20th. This will be my last chance. I finally got the job, so I will be leaving town in early March headed down south.

Well darn... I was hoping to meet you before you headed out curzer 971- When're you looking at being back up with us again?

No time soon. I will be in the academy for 4.5 months. Then stationed in Sonoita for the rest of my working life. I think of it as more territory for me to explore. I am pretty familiar with what the Prescott area has. I've been wheeling here for 15 years. Now I get to wheel down there for the next 20!

We'll miss you, Ben. It's been a lot of fun having you around. As for myself, I've found you to be a great trail guide. Its been great fun following you around through canyons and over mountains. I will miss your knowledge of the obscure trails in the area. My daughter had fun watching you play remote-control with your little mini rock crawler. That thing is really cool! Dammit! We are going to miss you in a lot of ways!
BTW, thanks for scoring that tire for me. You saved me some bucks.
The south area near the border looks like some interesting country to explore. The wheeling looks good. If you get close to Bisbee, I recommend spending some time there. It's a cool historic town, and the low mountains nearby are beautiful. If you get a chance, take the mine tour. They'll take you into the depths of the old Copper Queen mine on the old narrow-guage train. It's an experience.
The Mexican food near the border is great. I've been to little hole-in-the-wall places that have excellent food. Most of them are really tiny restauraunts. Some of them have up to five tables in the dining room, and no waiters. But the food is excellent. If you ask for the good salza, they'll have you farting smoke signals for a week! Can you say habanero hot pepper in Spanish? It's hard to leave a Mexican eatery near the border with a stuffy nose. Their hot sauce will clear your sinuses in a hurry! It's the real thing.
I, for one, appreciate your service in helping to secure our borders. It can be a difficult and often thankless job, and one that most of us wouldn't do.
I want to be amoung the first to thank you for serving, and to wish you success. I know what you are giving up to do the job. You are a good man, and I thank you very much. If there is ever anything that I can do for you, you have my number. Feel free to call. If I can do anything for you, I will do my best to get it done.

Last edited:
I'm still around and randomly wheeling with my LX450.

My tires told me a month or so ago that I need to swap out this set with my newer tread set on my trailers. :p

168399_1811192800669_1265468127_32097137_7378492_n.jpg

OOPS!
Cody, looks like your tires don't like ice any more than my Nittos do.
I have to let all of the air out to get a grip on icy trails. My onboard compressor helps a lot.

In other news;

Dayton scored the use of the downtown parking garage for Cruiser meets in Prescott. Thank you to Dayton for all of the effort.
Yee-ha! We can meet up on a week night every month. We have shelter from the weather. This is in the beginning stages and we will announce when things are worked out. For your input call 928-277-6622.
As long as we follow the rules, we have the whole garage to play with. If we can get a decent group together it helps the downtown economy. We hit restaurants and such.
He and I will meet probably this weekend and work out the details. The first meet could happen as early as the first week in June.
Then we will print those little cards and start notifying the folks who used to go to IHOP.
The rules consist of certain time restrictions. We have to meet on a weeknight, preferably early in the week. We'll work that out soon. We have to not block or park in a few reserved spaces. The rest of the rules are the same as those that we live by on every forest road and campsite that we visit. We take away our own trash. We clean up the place. We use ashtrays. We leave it cleaner than we found it. This is instinctive behaviour for the Land Cruiser crowd. We have specific permission to use the city parking garage under these rules.
If any of you are interested, keep your eyes here for updates or call me as above.

Last edited:
He shoots, He scores!
Met with Dayton today. The best option for now is the first Tuesday of each month at 7PM. That sets the next Prescott area gathering on Tuesday, June 7 at 7PM in the city parking garage downtown on Granite Street.
The garage gives us protection from weather. If it's snowing or raining, we will live through it. We considered the first Monday, but it couldn't work. It gets in the way of too many three-day weekends, and the 4th of July falls on the first Monday the next two years. So we went for Tuesday night.
Overhead clearance in the garage is 8'4". That's all the way up and down.
For those who can't handle 8'4", (Cody, this is you!) we will usually meet on the ground floor. It has a clearance of at least 10 feet. Just move the height barrier and drive in to the left.
Most of the time we will meet on the ground floor. But sometimes we might want to go up to the roof on a clear, mild summer night. There will usually be a sign at the entrance telling us where to go. Some other groups may also meet there at the same time. We'll see about that as time goes on.
Dayton & I will be there with tables, chairs, papers and stuff on Tuesday, June 7 by 6:45 PM. The rest of you be there or be square.

Last edited:
I didn't notice you were saying it wrong....

Brian-
I didn't notice you saying it wrong, but I laughed hysterically at the name change.... it's all good.... It's Dayton though...

Last edited:
Sorry if I misspelled, It's about fat fingers and being not the best on the keyboard. My 10 year old daughter does better than I do!
:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Yeah, I have a problem that way.
If that is the worst thing that I ever do, I am doing pretty well!
I am allowed four mistakes per year. Chalk this one up as the first.
The meet is still on in spite of it.
I already explained to Dayton that I am no good with names unless there are tits involved. He is the one who scored the meet venue and the City sanction. He is the Man! Dayton made this happen.
It was a good day when he stopped to look at my truck.
Something about it being known on the internet or something. He was curious. Then this happened.
It's all good!
We will be at the meet downtown on June 7 at 7PM. We'll be in the parking garage on Granite Street. See you all there.

Last edited:
Is it just Dayton and I the first night, or are some of the rest of you going to be there?
Post up and tell us how we are doing.
Don't be bashful.
Tom with your diesel, did you ever get a new body shell? John with your troopie, I miss seeing you guys every month or more often. Cody, we have room for your tall truck. We want to see you there. Please bring your kids when you can. Is your biz going OK? Eric, how is the remodeling biz treating you?

Jill came up with a plan.
There is a little place called "Dog-Town Lake", It is about 15 minutes south of Williams on paved roads. It has a small lake, campsites, and such. The lake is almost big enough to run power boats. I have seen power boats there, but they don't have much room to move. It is a small lake.
There are a lot of light to medium off-road trails around there. The general area is high mountain meadows. Pine forest with open areas.
Some of us are thinking of setting up a comfy camp there so that we can do the Williams area attractions without motel bills. At the same time time, we could try out the local area trails. There are several of them.
We could set up a "Gypsy Hacienda" there, and explore the local area. From there we could have breakfast in town, lunch on the trail, and dinner in camp. When we set up a "Gypsy" hut, we go all-out. We have the ability to set up a central area, tents around it, and a bathroom. We are good at this.
This is "roughing" it. Breakfast in a restaurant, lunch on the trail, and dinner in camp! It doesn't get better than that! I could tolerate some surloin or filets over the fire. Wouldn't upset me a bit! I like dead cows a lot. It's my favorite food, next to dead elk or bison.
My business partner & I have enough stuff to make a decent place in a camp ground. But it's not worth dragging it all out for less than two nights, or preferably three. We would have to make it worthwhile.
If we could do that later this summer, it might be fun.

Last edited:
Howdy! I have camped at Dog Town a number of times over the years. It used to be very primative camp sites, and very spread out. I have heard that they "civilized it" a few years ago, but I have not been there recently. If your lucky, and the fire season is not too bad, you can hike the foot trail up Bill Williams Mountain. Great views and a lot of elevation gain. Used to have huge swarms of LadyBugs all over the place around the fire lookout tower on top. Have fun up there. John

Inkpot,
It still is pretty plain as of the last time I was there. Just designated camp areas along the lakeshore.
But it is really beautiful country. If you are game, why don't you join us in the planning, and camp with us! It might be fun. You could show us around a bit.
We've been in NAZ for 5 years and haven't had nearly enough time to explore the area.
Until then, if you are in the Prescott area on the first Tuesday of any month, see us in the downtown parking garage at 7 PM. Your white piggy as pic'ed in your avatar would be an interesting addition to our gang anytime. It is right behind the Palace saloon on Granite street, just a skip from Whiskey Row. That's where and when we are. See ya there!

Sorry folks, I had to go away for a bit. Went to Cape Cod.
That's a hard place to deal with. It is the capital of homemade ice cream. One of every six businesses in every town makes ice cream in the back room. I ate most of it. I love the stuff. I did my very best to try to eat all of the ice cream on the Cape. I think I did pretty well.
I have been soaked in salt water, I've walked on salt marshes at low tide and beaches at high tide. It was rough! It is good to get away and relax.
One of those ice cream places will be featured on the food network on July 22 as "the best thing I ever ate". The featured item will be the hot fudge sundae. I can vouch for that. I had the hot fudge with Chocolate peanut butter, with mint chocolate chip, with maple walnut, with maple almond fudge, and with fudge swirl. I had them for breakfast and lunch every day. Homemade ice cream is a terrible thing, and it must be stopped right away, before somebody......No way, never!
Every place on the Cape has a personality. I walk up to Jack's for breakfast. Jack himself greets me at the door. He is a Golden Retriever. The sweetest dog that I ever met. His waitresses provide me with an omolete, home fries and a scoop of ice cream for breakfast. I love Jack!
It's really been a rough life the last two weeks. I have had to live on steak, burgers, potato salad and ice cream. I don't know how I managed. I had to read a lot of books to take my mind off of the rigors of such a life. In between, I distracted myself by looking at the girls on the beach. It was rough!
I went over there with several hundred dollars in my wallet, and I came back with several dollars. I like it that way.

Last edited:
Yup, BTDT !! I think it is a Massachusetts thing. Even out in the western part of the state, every 1/4 mile someone has a little ice cream stand/business in their front yard. Lemon custard was a not flavor back when I was out there. John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom