Prescott "metro" cruisers. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Who is living in the Prescott "metro" area? I would like to have a list of all CSC members and FJ owners in the area. If you are here, post up.
If you post up, I will PM with off-line contact info with the goal of having a meet. If you are within spitting distance of Prescott, Prescott Valley, Dewey-Humbolt, Chino Valley, Paulden, Mayer, Spring Valley or Cordes, post here with PM info. I will PM back as best I can.
I would like to arrange a place and time each month. I favor a Saturday morning meet each month at a grocery store where we can buy food and gas. Then some of us could go out to a trail if we feel like it.
We could be CSC, or just get together. We should include everybody from built rigs to kids who got the parents old truck to drive around.
If you are in the above areas, post up! We'll talk.

Ooh ooh, me me me.

Me too!

Two so far, that's a start! I'm thinking that with a consistent place and time we could invite others. I might make up cards with place and time to give to other Cruiser owners who we meet.
We should stay away from the third weekend of the month since some of us may want to travel south that weekend for the meet there.

Spike, you are correct, as usual. MOGAS made a strong attempt to get NAZ together. If he can succeed, we will join him.
The problem in NAZ is that we are so spread out. If we can get three Cruisers together, we are doing well. We are surrounded by Cruisers, but getting them all together is a problem.
We are not trying to work against MOGAS, but to back him up.
If we can make places and times for trucks to gather, we may eventually be able to combine, and meet at one time and place. We have to start somewhere.
From the south, all of NAZ seems the same, but from here we are in different areas. Prescott metro/Wickenburg is one, Payson and the White mountains are a second, and Flag and points north are another. Kingman and points north are in a different climate area, but they still use Cruisers. Each area is full of Cruisers that are trail ridden. We just want to get something going.

Most of the southern Cruiser guys do not realise what we are dealing with. I live at the headwaters of the Agua-Fria River. The hill behind my home is a dormant volcano. The creek at the back of my house leads from that hill. It is a river in wet times, and a wash when dry. It is the break between the Agua-Fria and the Verde basin rivers. My wash is on the Agua-Fria side, while a half of a mile away, the Verde River flows.
A friend showed me that I can pee in both the Agua Fria and Verde rivers at the same time in my backyard, so do not push me! I'll do it! I may pee in your water! What is really in your tap?

Last edited:
Hi All,

Well...I'm in Phoenix now, with my 1974 Fj-40. I was a citizen of Jerome for quite awhile and no some trails up yonder. I'f ya want me...I'll try to be there.

Soon to be a "Prescottonian" (or whatever... )

Brian - My family and my 'Cruiser are moving up there permanently by next Summer. We are buying a house in central Prescott, and will be up there the second-half of most weeks and on the weekends until then...

Include us on your list of Prescott local rigs, and we'll do our best to get to as many events as we can.

Have I PMed back everybody here? If not, speak up. If you have a PM, call me up. All that we need is a consistent meet place and time each month. Then I can make cards so that we can invite the rest of the Cruiser owners hereabouts. From one meet time, we can back up Mogas or others who want to get NAZ together. We can go to them, or they can come to us.

kbill45 is in Prescott, and Wayne ......, Wayne......, can't remember his last name.

Were you still planning on the business cards thing? Im always seeing 40s, 60s, and 80s around town to leave business cards on.

Were you still planning on the business cards thing? Im always seeing 40s, 60s, and 80s around town to leave business cards on.
Of course! I make my professional cards on my computer. I make 10 cards per sheet, camera copy, and print them on card stock. I can make several different cards per sheet. I cut them to size and we are good to go! I change the copy every week if I need to. Biz cards are in flux the same as any other computer media. My advertisements are the same.
My biz ad's change every week, and so do my cards. Everything is in flux and is changeable. I can make cards! I'm on it!:bounce:

Watta ya say... Should we all meet at Glassford and Florentine at the Fry's grocery? Maybe out near the gas station? How about on Friday night, or Saturday morning? The evening of Sept 14 or the morning of Sept 15? Let's set something up! If we meet up one time, then we can make those cards. Then we can invite others.

Last edited:
Either day works for me...I'll be watching this post to see if anyone else needs it to be a certain day if it works better for them.

I don't own a cruiser, yet. But, I'm available saturday.

Isn't Sept 15 or so the Fossil creek cleanup weekend? Maybe another week?
You guys have my phone, is it broke? landline....
Let's be on it. MOGAS needs help!

This weekend I have my girls and am bringing them to the Circus at the Tims Toyota Center on Saturday.

This friday works for me. Really any day does since its so close to home.....but since it looks like you're camping for the Fossil trip, Brian - the 15th weekend seems like a no go for everyone...

I have Circus tickets for myself, my wife and daughter on Sunday. With a 6-year-old it is not a question of whether you go to the circus, but what it will cost. The going is high priority, the cost is a casualty of family life. Taking the kid to a circus is high on the list of rewarding things to do. The price is an issue on the business side of my mind. The family side of me doesn't really care about that. I wouldn't miss it for anything!
When the circus is less than 1/2 mile from home, we go! My kid loves critters of all sizes. She rode an elephant for the first time when she was 2 years old. She has loved them ever since! She is a critter kid. She has exotic Asian leopards sitting in her lap, two different breeds of little dogs. and other pets. She loves them all. She is used to the cats getting into the bath with her if she is not careful. That's what Bengal leopards will do. They like water and swimming! Our cats are not normal! They are Bengals.
She has already seen the last and best of the big-top tent circuses that is left. Now we will take her to Barnum & Bailey, the Greatest Show On Earth!
I agree, taking your kids to the circus is more important than any Cruiser meet could ever be! It is priceless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom