Prescott "metro" cruisers. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did that one years ago in the 4Runner, no real wheeling but great scenery.:grinpimp:

Right, great scenery all the way thru. But you are thinking of the main trail. We got off onto a parallel on the other side of the ridge. It wasn't that rough for most of us who weren't running low-rider tires. But rougher than the main trail. It was very narrow, steep and rocky, but not a problem for most of us.
The trail was steeper, rockier and narrower than the main trail. The views were better, at least when I wasn't hanging my ass over the cliff to patch Bill's tires to gain him another 200 feet down the trail!
It wasn't the most highly recommended way to replace a set of wimpy tires. But an effective means of convincing a new Cruiser owner of the need to invest in rubber!

We had a great meet tonight in spite of the cold weather. We had a stack of Cruisers hanging around. We had two new members tonight. Bill has a clean, lifted white 80 with lockers. Orion has an 83 60 that he rolled two weeks ago. He also just bought Rob's 92 80 that has the flares shorn off.
Orion rolled his 60, but it only went over on its side. The body damage is minimal at most. just a few dents. I can fix it. I straightened the drivers' door frame right there at the meet with my two hands. It's not rocket science!
On Saturday, Feb 4, Tom wants to lead us down the old Cherry Road from Potato Patch on top of Mingus, down to Cherry, and then to Hwy 169. This is high on my personal list of things to do.
The trail is reputed to be semi-rough, with fantastic scenery. Doing it in winter should be interesting.
I would suggest that we meet up at IHOP in Prescott Valley at 9:30 AM. That's on Glassford Hill just south of Fry's. Park on the north side near the shuttle stop. The IHOP meet point means that some of us can arrive early and have an omelete and pancakes before we go. If the weather isn't good for a high altitude winter trail run, we are close to Hwy 69, so we can choose a different place to go.
If the Cherry road plan works out, we could finish the day with appetizers or dinner at Lefty's steak house in Dewey.
Let's make it a date and go play!

Are you guys still having meets downtown?

Tonight went really well. We had 8 trucks in Prescott. Mostly 80's, but one really well built 60, and Tom's diesel 60 as well. Rob also has a 40, but cannot drive two trucks to the meet at one time.
We ended up centering the meet on a white 80 that was there when we showed up. It was a single mom from Texas who had parked there all unknowing. She was amazed when LC's started parking all around hers. She just fell into a Cruiser meet all unknowing. She joined the group then and there. She offered to help us with a web presence. Sarah is cool!
Thanks to a suggestion from Rob, we are redubbing the group as the Mile High Cruisers. We will work on a web site as such. More info will be here as necessary.

Are you guys still having meets downtown?

You may want to look up Mile High Cruisers for meeting location and time of the group.

Ah.... fond memories of my youth.

Sounds fun.
I grew up at the last house on the left up senator highway (just before the schoolhouse).

My folks are still there (dad has a 78 fj40)

Ill be down there next week, any chance your group is meeting up over Thanksgiving week?

Sent from my Pandora box, ya peckerwoods.

Cool I'll check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom