Pre-turbo EGT probe location? and fuel injector rebuild question - 2L-T (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

Coming from the VW diesel world where there is passionate debate about the merits of pre vs. post-turbo EGT probe reliability, my usual mechanic balked at a post-turbo install (he's a friend as well). Are there any easy to get to and robust locations for pre-turbo EGT probe installation that people have used on the 2L-T? I had the pump rebuilt locally (thanks for the parts Beno!) and it is putting out more fuel based on the smoke levels. Also, waste gate is trashed so I'm seeing close to 15psi of boost. Can't put off the EGT any longer.

Also, what are people's thoughts on when to rebuild injectors? Now that the pump has been done, should I go ahead and rebuild the injectors or should I wait until there are issues, such as misses?

Cheers,
Rich

Pre-turbo is definitely the way to go. I don't think there is any debate. Mount it in the exhaust manifold right before the turbo.

As I mentioned in your other thread, you really need to reduce your fueling and boost. This will help you reduce your EGT and temperature issues.

I rebuilt my original injectors myself. Ordered/installed new Denso nozzles, re-shimmed for the right crack pressure etc. At the end of the day I'd say it made a fairly minor difference. Sure doesn't hurt, but if the motors running fine and starting fine they are probably good enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom