Pre 72 fuel tank in 76 fj40? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
IMG_1439.JPG
I can't seem to find whether this will work or not. I would assume the only issue would be with seat brackets but I don't have an interior for my cruiser yet. Maybe the filler neck connection?

Both tanks came with the purchase. Mine is a 1976 and the tank on the right is oem but rusted out on the bottom. Left tank is very clean inside.

Any input would be helpful. Thanks.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I have a '76 tank in my '72. I also have the tank cover on it. If you're going to keep the cover you'll have clearance problems with the vent lines. You'll need the right rubber hose for the filler neck.

You will have a bunch of issues. General size is one. the later fuel tank is smaller and designed to go under a cover (which is a good thing)

There is also a ton more vent and emissions tubes on the 76 tank. Fuel fill hose location is the easiest thing to deal with.

You will have a bunch of issues. General size is one. the later fuel tank is smaller and designed to go under a cover (which is a good thing)

There is also a ton more vent and emissions tubes on the 76 tank. Fuel fill hose location is the easiest thing to deal with.

The transmission tunnel cover changed in 73. It's wider at the back. Believe that will be a bigger issue then using the cover. I think the tunnel/floor change is the reason the gas tank shrunk with the 73 model.

Quite possibly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom