Powering Christmas Lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My plans and spreadsheet did not take into account the reduction in ambition caused by 15 degree weather. I therefore ran them into the rear 12v socket and coiled them when and wherever my rapidly numbing fingers were able to.

Note, these have the semi stiff wire that allows you to twist them into place, which is good, but can kink, which is bad. Overall very pleased, except with the flashing, which i suspect is going to test the holiday spirit of the Bend Police Department...

View attachment 1363263
My luck, I'd get a ticket for impersonating a police officer with those lights:steer:.:cheers:

Suspected all that flashing was going to be a problem so I spent a few minutes in the vehicle code book and yep, two ways I would be in violation:

upload_2016-12-8_9-27-57.png

So basically red in the back and white in the front is my only way to be legal... or maybe yellow... this sucks ;(

Check the laws in your state - stupid freakin' government :devil:

Suspected all that flashing was going to be a problem so I spent a few minutes in the vehicle code book and yep, two ways I would be in violation:

View attachment 1363466

So basically red in the back and white in the front is my only way to be legal... or maybe yellow... this sucks ;(

Check the laws in your state - stupid freakin' government :devil:
Having several friends in law enforcement, it's all about the officers discretion (location may be a contributing factor). But as long as they're not blinking, most cops won't ticket you for Christmas lights. They just chalk it up to being festive.

As long as your not runnning straight red and blue, I think you'll be fine. And if you can still distinguish all your vehicles lighting from the Christmas lights, it's pretty clear what they are. I've run Christmas lights for several years with no issues, same with my dad, and my sister on her heep. No tickets or even harassment from cops. But like stated above, this can be very subjective to where you live.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom