Power Window Problems LC80 1fzfe (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
When it rains, front windows sometimes refuses to rise back up.

But when its sunny and not raining, windows work properly.

rubbers on the outside windows are tight and good when its closed and water cant come in,

Has anyone experienced this problem before? Thanks

In the driest parts of the year here in CO, US, my windows go up just fine. But if we have a rainy week, they slow to a crawl. In the humidity of the gulf coast, they were always slow and if it rained on the gulf coast, they would barely move up. Usually takes a few days of dry air for them to return to normal op. Everything seals fine. Rubbers are clean and crack free.

In the driest parts of the year here in CO, US, my windows go up just fine. But if we have a rainy week, they slow to a crawl. In the humidity of the gulf coast, they were always slow and if it rained on the gulf coast, they would barely move up. Usually takes a few days of dry air for them to return to normal op. Everything seals fine. Rubbers are clean and crack free.

Hi gsi18867, Did you have a solution to that problem? :)

No, Ive tried cleaning with no success. Someone will recommend lubricating the tracks but I think that could make the dirt build up worse.

the motors are just getting old and tired, mine do the same thing when it gets cold. new window motors and keep the window track clean is the answer

the motors are just getting old and tired, mine do the same thing when it gets cold. new window motors and keep the window track clean is the answer

I agree....my passenger front window was working intermittently I finally picked up a pair of front window regulators from Amazon replaced just the passenger side and it works great now....and I have the drivers side on the work bench.

I agree....my passenger front window was working intermittently I finally picked up a pair of front window regulators from Amazon replaced just the passenger side and it works great now....and I have the drivers side on the work bench.

hi Luke111. So changing the regulators worked.

Is it possible to also try cleaning the old regularors? do you think that will work?

or buying new rubber strips will be the answer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom