Power Steering Pump Rebuild *writeup* (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dexron fluids are backward compatible. i.e. Dex4 can be used in a system that originally spec-ed Dex2.

Modern vehicles that need the semi synth Dex4 should not have Dex2 dumped in.

Hello buddy. I have a loss fluid coming from the black screw... ( I attached a picture) we tried everything and still coming out.. Do you have any suggestions?

Screenshot_20200317_205120.jpg

hello
i reopen this thread, how the hell do you install the pump splippers, spring seats and slippers springs ?
it is a nightmare to handle

hello
i reopen this thread, how the hell do you install the pump splippers, spring seats and slippers springs ?
it is a nightmare to handle
Carefully. When I did this, I made a sandwich - two slippers with springs in the middle, then slightly compress and slide them into the pump. Half the time you'll squeeze wrong and the springs will shoot everywhere. The other half the time I'd get the slippers in with the wrong orientation, have to take them out and do it again. Make sure the floor underneath your work area is clean and preferably not carpet - it'll make finding the springs easier.

And then the pump will still leak out of the front press-fit bushing. I've seen inside maybe 5 of these pumps and the bearing has been pitted and chewed up on every single one. This causes the central shaft to wobble as it spins, further accelerating the wear. I suppose you could find a machinist to press the bearing out, make a copy, then press it back in, but that's a lot of work and money. New pumps are what, $400? City Racer sells a brand new Japanese made clone for $250. Or go Saginaw - pumps are $100, the install kit and adapter are a couple hundred.

FYI, at one point in my life I repaired high pressure pumps for a living. I thought the Toyota pump would be easy to rebuild. It leaked anyway.

ok i see :)
thank you for the information

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom