POWER STEERING IS KILLING ME BLEEDING ME SO TO SPEAK (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RFB

97 FZJ80 LIFTED SC DUAL BATTERIES,37s
Threads
Website
www.youtube.com
Ok so I literally just got my FSM today and I discovered the 10 a pint "japanese" PS fluid I used is wrong, so I can never bleed it. My question is whats the best method to totally drain the wrong fluid and fill it with dexron 2 or 3 like I was supposed to use intially.

Last edited:
The pump squeals at lock? But otherwise the power steering system turns fine? I would look at the steering gearbox noise at full lock.

If it squeals all the time, that's an issue.

The pump squeals at lock? But otherwise the power steering system turns fine? I would look at the steering gearbox noise at full lock.

If it squeals all the time, that's an issue.
Im still getting bubbles man, so I think I need to bleed it out better, and I just got hold of the real yota FSM today and I used Prestone JAPAN PS fluid, the PSM calls for ATF. Im wondering if thats the issue

Yeah... don't put power steering fluid in there. 80s should only have ATF in the power steering system. This is printed in the FSM, owners manual, and on the cap of the PS reservoir.
Check with someone more knowledgeable than I about how to properly flush old PS fluid out before pouring ATF in. Not sure how well those two play together.

Reactions: RFB
Yeah... don't put power steering fluid in there. 80s should only have ATF in the power steering system. This is printed in the FSM, owners manual, and on the cap of the PS reservoir.
Check with someone more knowledgeable than I about how to properly flush old PS fluid out before pouring ATF in. Not sure how well those two play together.
Im on it, I already flushed it out and again just got my manual today I wnet to a yota mechanic and he set me straight. thanks guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom