Power at the campsite and truck battery back up

DKW

Curious what others use.

I would like a portable power supply, that can power basic tent light and night fan and charge phone for a few nights recharge some during the day with a solar panel and/or cig lighter. Also have the ability to jumpstart truck - theres a schumacher 1200 portable power station and a few others that can do this like acopower 400 wh portable power generator.

Interested in what others do, home made solutions especially. This is really instead of second battery in truck.

Sounds like you're just talking about a jumper pack. Your options are limitless. Just go on Amazon and do a little searching. You'll just want to look at what charging options it has - ie. cigarette lighter, 120V AC, etc. If you want a solar charging option you'll need a charge controller to go with it that is intended for charging 12V batteries of the chemistry you choose (Lead Acid, Lithium, etc.)

In this section of the forum most guys will have a second battery with isolator and solar charging. But for what you're doing just about any jumper pack fits the bill.

DKW

Yes I have one of these smaller ones. I was thinking something like a 400w yeti but with ability to jump a car engine. Just what people have tried and and they are Happy
With. But as mentioned most may just have 2 batteries

DKW

Or something like this and add a solar panel

Schumacher SJ1332 1200 Peak Amp Jump Starter and Air Compressor with 12V USB Portable Power Ports Amazon product

cartercd

SILVER Star

I keep an Odyssey PC680 agm battery in the truck. It packs a powerful punch in a small size. I have used it temporarily in several vehicles as the main starting battery. My first lasted 9 years and I just bought another. Make sure to evaluate the ah capacity when you compare options.
Screenshot_20190522-213626.jpg

Top Bottom