Powell River - August Coastal Cruiser Camping (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello Coastal Cruisers.

There is a new off-grid rustic campground just outside Powell River that is run by a Cruiserhead. While the current situation is fluid I plan on camping there this summer and exploring the area, including the back roads behind Powell River.

Look for more discussion in the members forum.

gb

EDIT: I will be booked (unless something drastic happens and have to change plans) at Creekside Crossing from the Monday or Tuesday ( Aug 17 or 18) through to Aug 22nd, leaving Aug 23rd in the morning. Will not be doing any trails during the week. Gonna chill, visit, enjoy the campsite, maybe do some Ham radio stuff, have a beach day and take it easy.

The Coastal Cruiser get together will start on Friday the 28th. This is informal: We'll do what we decide, or not. Depending on responses and how many are up there we may have to have trails Friday and Saturday, with Sunday being a beach day, so those who have to head back on Sunday can. Or trails on all three days. Or trails just on both weekend days. Thanks to @Enigma for trail leading.

Would suggest those who can make the commitment do so (knowing if things change for the worse again it is what it is) as @naraic can make plans for the area we will be camping at.

gb

Last edited:
And we have a couple Cruiserheads up here now. Hopefully I can do some exploring by then and be a tour guide. There are a lot of lakes (32 apparently) all within some relatively short FSR travels compared to the lower mainland.

Might be interested ... as I would roll that Powel Rivercamp foray into another trip on the way.

Interested as well.

Hey folks, me and my wife are the owners of Creekside Crossing in Powell River and would love to see a group of fellow Cruiser heads up camping at our site. We are located 15 minutes south of town on an FSR close to the local beaches and the 32 lakes we have as Jeff mentioned. There are many 4wd trails in this area and it's remoteness makes it a great place to explore. We are of course abiding by all the Covid regs and suggestions and are hoping things will be more normal by summer. Our campground is rustic and relatively small at 15 open sites right now including a large meadow for groups plus a communal firepit area and if enough people are interested, we might entertain the idea of booking the whole campground for the weekend and close off to public. We would need to agree on the dates of course and figure that out fairly soon if we were to do that. Either way, when a date is picked, we can book you in individually on our website that Greg has shared. So far our completely open weekend dates are June 18th and 25th and Aug 6th and 20th. There are some other dates available but have other guests booked in for those also.

Cheers guys and hope to see you!

Ciaran and Cheri

Our place is definitely Landcruiser friendly by the way!

1619550231257_cruiser pic.jpg

FYI and of course subject to change due to current events I am looking at the Aug 20th weekend (and week before).

Cheers
gb

Managed to get out and enjoy the day exploring the south end of town near the Saltery Bay ferry terminal with a couple trucks from the local club. We took an old road into a very nice camp right on the ocean at St Vincents Bay, and then some more backroads up to the far end of Lois Lake and then followed it back down the FSR to the highway.

count me in. It has been along time since I have been up that way.

Did some more exploring today and found a cool trail with a few challenging spots (and lots of pin striping). Leads to a fantastic view overlooking the town and coastline.

Looks like you had a great day out!

Very interested

I'm interested for sure if the dates work out for work, etc... :)

EDIT: I will be booked (unless something drastic happens and have to change plans) at Creekside Crossing from the Monday or Tuesday ( Aug 17 or 18) through to Aug 22nd, leaving Aug 23rd in the morning. Will not be doing any trails during the week. Gonna chill, visit, enjoy the campsite, maybe do some Ham radio stuff, have a beach day and take it easy.

The Coastal Cruiser get together will start on Friday the 28th. This is informal: We'll do what we decide, or not. Depending on responses and how many are up there we may have to have trails Friday and Saturday, with Sunday being a beach day, so those who have to head back on Sunday can. Or trails on all three days. Or trails just on both weekend days. Thanks to @Enigma for trail leading.

Would suggest those who can make the commitment do so (knowing if things change for the worse it is what it is) as @naraic can make plans for the area we will be camping at.

gb

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom