Powell River - August Coastal Cruiser Camping (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm still on the fence, as my truck isn't trail-ready, though I could possibly cancel my other weekend plans to come out. We could take Patti's truck and just camp. What would make it more possible for me is if there is decent cell service at the campground, @naraic ? I'm with Rogers.

Sorry to say that we will not be able to this trip - there is just too much going on at the moment to feel comfortable in getting away, I hope to get out that way later in the fall.

I'm still on the fence, as my truck isn't trail-ready, though I could possibly cancel my other weekend plans to come out. We could take Patti's truck and just camp. What would make it more possible for me is if there is decent cell service at the campground, @naraic ? I'm with Rogers.
Yes we have fairly decent cell service and we're on Rogers. Telus works but spotty in places.

The weather is looking pretty good, we have the campground all ready. We just need some Landcruisers to fill up the area!

As a reminder, we are available now through to Monday morning. We'd love to see you all here, make this a good fun event and possibly an annual thing if it works out that way.

See ya soon!

Hey all. Made it up here and got set up yesterday. Thinking a beach day is in order tomorrow. @ahoelkpuravida perhaps next time then.
@Antarctican I don't see any real wheeling this trip; Simply exploring a few areas if those who are here decide and camping.

Cheers

gb

I should add I didn’t have a reservation and did not have a wait (other then the time for the ferry to arrive) at either one. Your experience may vary, depending on day of week and time of day.

CCPR.jpg

Last edited:
Hey all. Made it up here and got set up yesterday. Thinking a beach day is in order tomorrow. @ahoelkpuravida perhaps next time then.
@Antarctican I don't see any real wheeling this trip; Simply exploring a few areas if those who are here decide and camping.

Cheers

gb

I should add I didn’t have a reservation and did not have a wait (other then the time for the ferry to arrive) at either one. Your experience may vary, depending on day of week and time of day.

View attachment 2762797
A beautiful looking set up you got there - enjoy the beach day, envious

Cheers

gb

View attachment 2762797
They advance the 1515Hrs sailing intake of vehicles due to busy day. I did not cut within that time and let me exit to the village and return within 15min to clear the volume of vehicles. So I will be on 1730 hrs sailing.

20210818_163729.jpg

They advance the 1515Hrs sailing intake of vehicles due to busy day. I did not cut within that time and let me exit to the village and return within 15min to clear the volume of vehicles. So I will be on 1730 hrs sailing.

View attachment 2763017
Oh come on. Fancy new vehicles Audi ,Subaru, F150 beating each other on their fancy audio alarms. Trying to get a nap here. Don't they have option to disable them while sitting in the ferry? BC ferry staff has to make a paging announcement to attend to their vehicles. There goes away my much needed nap. Better eat something):

Unfortunately Kristin and I can't make it either. We are bummed. Hope you all have a great weekend.

Hello all.

On the Sunshine Coast now for a few days before headed back to the LML.

Logistics 1st: for those who made it, e-transfer your campground fee to @AJAEbj42 for Club fee recovery.

The day trips exploring as well as the conversations around the faux fire in the evening was a great time. Thanks to @naraic for the facilities and being a gracious host.

Thursday was beach day; A 5 minute drive from the campground.

IMG_8527.jpg

Friday @Enigma lead us to Sarah Point. No real wheeling except for the last section down to the camp area at the point. The last section is called Tow Truck Alley. How considerate of the local Tow Truck Company to put a few cards on the sign at the top.

IMG_8530.jpg

IMG_8528.jpg

Last edited:
Saturday @naraic led us to Eldrid Valley, where we stopped at the climbers camp area and walked to the Eldrid River to have lunch and check out the rock formations from years and years of water erosion. After lunch we continued onwards for a short bit till the road started closing in. More to explore back there on another day. On the way back @604mike used his tablet to connect us back through a loop road to camp.

IMG_8539.jpg

IMG_8542.jpg
IMG_8543.jpg

Last edited:
Sunday was a trip up to Tin Hat Mountain, which @604mike led, using his Gaia and tablet. A short hike up to the top and a rest, where we enjoyed a 360* view of the area. Near the top of the trail there was a very loose rock climb with a ledge to negotiate. One open vehicle did not make it, after numerus valiant attempts.

IMG_8557.jpg
IMG_8559.jpg

Hope those who made it enjoyed themselves and perhaps in a future year we can consider something like this again, as there are a few more areas to explore in behind Powell River.

Cheers
gb

Thanks for the write-up Greg! For those wishing to re-pay the club for camping, send $20/night to robert@ajae dot ca.

:beer:

Looks and sounds like you had a great time, weather looks like it was perfect. Sorry we couldn't make it.

Mike, is that your new unmolested 80!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom