POTM Wayneraintree March (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Jeff, got another shot of you pre-blue days. Upper Whampum
nuther1.jpg

That answers a bunch of questions. Thanks!

Thanks for the props.... funny thing about this truck, when I was searching for a 55, I found that some were too nice for my liking. I was looking for the one 55 that I could wheel and not worry about degrading a piece of history.. this one had already been in hard service for most of its life so I simply updated it a little and continued it on its path. Absolutely perfect for me....

jeff great writup, I love the story of where its from, where it came from! Anyway, I love it, neat seeing all the different progressions of colors too :)

I'm not trying to be a P.I.T.A., but I've got you pinned here, so maybe you could help me out with a couple more ?s...

Do you run any kind of VSS in the toyota transfer? (I know Downey sells one that bolts into the PTO space) Or do you use something else? Or nothing? And what am I looking at in the pic of your rear disc...the u-bolt plate...the plate wraps down around the leaf pack and the mounting surface is halfway down the pack...?? I also noticed the clamps were all opened up on your leaf packs. Is there any reason that they have/need to be opened up for SOA, or is it just a quick way to maximize flex?
P.O.T.M. was a great idea! It's gonna help me clean up my sty!

I'm not trying to be a P.I.T.A., but I've got you pinned here, so maybe you could help me out with a couple more ?s...

Do you run any kind of VSS in the toyota transfer? (I know Downey sells one that bolts into the PTO space) Or do you use something else? Or nothing? And what am I looking at in the pic of your rear disc...the u-bolt plate...the plate wraps down around the leaf pack and the mounting surface is halfway down the pack...?? I also noticed the clamps were all opened up on your leaf packs. Is there any reason that they have/need to be opened up for SOA, or is it just a quick way to maximize flex?
P.O.T.M. was a great idea! It's gonna help me clean up my sty!

Of all the PITA's in my life, you are not one of them:grinpimp:

I run the Jags that Run VSS...mounts off the T-case and the speedocable mounts to the other end of the VSS. 40 pulse I believe....
Rear discs picture: The "skid plate" style ubolt plates came with the MAF lift original to me on the 55. Normally used for spring under applications to allow the exposed bolt ends of the Ubolts a skidplate... but I just reused them with the SO... make for a good place to place a beverage when working under the rig.

The clamps on the springs are opened up for flex.. no it is no necessary to open them for SOA but in order to max flex..... open them up. HTH and :beer:

Well, I thought I would add to this thread an updated shot of the pig in it's latest version. Changes of late are 3/4 ton chevy springs, 2" BS steel 15x8's on 37 X 12.50 Swampie Radials of which I am happy with on the road so far. I added OE '85 4runner mudflaps to appease the authorities and with some small pathfinder fender flares and my 29" bumper height, this pig is theoretically legal:grinpimp:

J500004.jpg

J500003.jpg

Recently I added 33 x 10.50 BFG AT's on the 60 :)

All the flaps obviously will come off for wheeling and I should have some wheeling shots soon:popcorn:

Howdy! Too ad they hassle you on the mud flaps. My title says "Station Wagon", so in Arizona it is not considered a truck, and does not need them. John

Hey John, I assume they still want ya to cover the exposed tread? That is the main reason I went to quick remove mud flaps.. trying to at least show some effort.. I really don't want to have to install flares... I've been stopped by a state trooper but not any local officers though I passed many locals.

Hey John, I assume they still want ya to cover the exposed tread? That is the main reason I went to quick remove mud flaps.. trying to at least show some effort.. I really don't want to have to install flares... I've been stopped by a state trooper but not any local officers though I passed many locals.
Howdy! Back in the good old days, you would hear of someone getting tagged for it once in a while, but I don't think mud flaps/ exposed tread has been an issue around here for a long time. I installed Whitney's fenders lips and running boards years ago just to keep the crap from sandblasting my new paint. Around here it seems like I always have to drive 50 miles of bad gravel just to get to the trailheads. I know commercial trucks still need them, but it may be moot for POV's as it is legal to drive rock buggies, dune buggies, golf carts, and atvs on the roads down here if you get tags for them. John

Just a question..................

Factory wheel chocks??

(sorry, I just had to)

Hello Pigworld

a few years ago I traded my '73 piggie for a 67' 45 but....... this past weekend, I graciously bought the piggie back from Cruiser4070 :popcorn: Thanks Tom!

I wheeled it Sat. then trailered it back to KY.... Happy to have my little iron pig back in the stable :clap:

I'll try to fix some of the photos in the POTM as the birfield gallery is up and running.....

I threw some good 36 TSL's under the pig when I got it home, looks good...
Piggie.jpg
rausch sky.jpg
pig01.jpg

Welcome back to the sty.:flipoff2:

It's still looking good.:pig:

yeah, it's holding up OK... need to add leaves to the rear 3/4 ton chevy springs, repair the broken shock mount, and button up an issue with the ignition wiring but overall... it's a solid piggie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom