Potential Member - Nashville Area Ride? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well I will confirm some of this tomorrow with a call, but it would certainly appear that due to some irresponsible groups who have chosen to get off the roads and into the creek itself that the property owners along S Tatum (STR) have, with the help of the county officials, TWRA, EPA and TDEC, gotten this particular road closed to public use.

Here is a link to an overland board with some of the most recent information that I have been able to find.

Middle Tennessee - Tennessee Dirt Devil Update - IMPORTANT!!

It would appear that STR was not actually part of the original DD and a few posts down someone, whom I can only assume is the original DD compiler) chimes in with some fairly heavy handed comments.

As per usual, the root cause appears to be that the road itself actually runs parallel to the creek and crosses it at a number of locations, however some of the files that have been shared follow the creek itself, which is private property. Damage to fences, stream banks, and other real property in addition to what has been described as "hordes" of "jeeps" coming thru each weekend day have caused this to come to pass.

It also seems that this small non-original section is only a fraction of some 200+ miles that make up the original DD. I don't have a copy of the actual map and after reading the post in the link posted above, I may look to get a hard copy as there are apparently areas that have been designated as private or off limits that should be observed.

I recall a similar area that we used to ride when I was in college, back then I didn't give much thought to stuff like property rights and the like, but as I have gotten older, I am more in tune with that kind of thing.

It sounds like the routes can still be enjoyed, but sounds like smaller groups and common sense and courtesy must be used.

Would love too but truck is down at the moment and I'm out of town for a reunion

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom