Possible Exploratory Day (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I got the 17th off work....Now all I need to do is get that 3fe into my cruiser & be ready to rumble!!!!

Do I have this right........When finished, you will have a complete 62 drive train in your 60?

Yeah but he likes the round head lights. :)

"Why didn't he just buy your 62 Tom? It would've all been done. The only thing he would have to do is add his stickers" - PhilC64

...and swappin the round headlight body parts is easier than moving heavy-assed motors from truck to truck too!

Nick

Do I have this right........When finished, you will have a complete 62 drive train in your 60?

You are correct sir...it will be an FJ61
or an 83/88 fj60/62 hybrid
I am a sucker for those big beautiful round headlights.

Hey guys, I have not been on here in awhile. I am not a member but would be interested in going to Redbird. It is a place I have been wanting to go. My only question is, is there enough to do for an inexperienced offroader to do in a basic stock 07 FJC?

Thanks for any feedback,
Robert

I will be staying on the moderate trails so you can hang with me and anyone else who doesn't want to have carnage if the other guys want to do some of the more extreme stuff. Please come so that I am not the only sissy there. Supposedly, about 30-40% of it is wagon friendly. We'll see.

We would like to partake in the activities on the 17th as well.
This is just a day trip, correct?

Yep...so far just a day trip. Glad you can join in the festivities.

I think I'm going to have to truck hop like I did before, this business of not having my own truck to run is really making me crazy!!

^They're always after me lucky charms!!

All trails are wagon friendly, Ron... Just some of them like to playfully smack the H3LL out of your wagon...and my wagon...and Jimmys wagon & all the other wagons....

Here is the latest newsletter from the Redbird Foundation. Does this mean there is an off-road trail at Fort Harrison? Read on:

Welcome to the latest edition of the newsletter. Don't forget the upcoming Halloween night ride and camp out on Saturday October the 31st and Sunday the 1st. Our next and last night ride and camp out of the year is on Thanksgiving weekend, November 27th,28th and 29th. As always be sure to check the events calender on the front page of the website or the event section in the fourms groups for changes or additions. One other event is, Discover Indiana Riding Trails (D.I.R.T.) will host D.I.R.T. Days on October 18th from 9am to 7pm at the park. This will be a meet and greet type of event, along with trail rides. Come out and see what D.I.R.T. is all about, and how you can get involved.

The Redbird Foundation just finished being a part of the First Annual Hoosier Outdoor Experience, held at Fort Harrison State Park in Indianapolis. This was a huge success and something special to be a part of. Kids and families were able to take part in various activites ranging from horseback riding,skeet shooting,bow fishing,rock climbing and other types of events geared towards the outdoors, the greatest part was, it's all free. The Foundation helped out by giving rides on an off road course provided by the DNR. A BIG THANKS goes out to Fat Boy Jeepers and Trail Riders of America and all the DNR staff who helped put this together. We handed out information and answered question about off road trails and what Indiana has to offer. The best part of the weekend was seeing the faces of those that took rides on the off road course.

The Foundation has also been kicking around the idea of providing guided trail rides. We would have persons available to show users around the park, be it on atv's, motorcycles or jeeps. This would help keep them out of trouble and on trails that match their skill level or their machines capability. A tax deductible donation of $50.00 for a 1/2 day or $100.00 for a full day would be the cost, and all money collected would be put back into the park. If anyone has ideas or commits, please let a Foundation member know.

Work is still progressing on the viewing area near the rock garden and we hope to have it done soon. The Foundation is also providing more bulldozer work throughout the property to make the trails even better.

A couple of final things are the park has changed hours of operation to 9am to 7pm due to the days growing shorter. Also the park now accepts credit cards for your entrance fee.

Thanks, and hope to see you on the trails

Sounds like they might...I'm still on for Redbird & am tryin to talk Johnny into it...???

It's good to see that Clint got his tbi straightened out and Tony got the 3f transplant done.

A couple of ?'s, what time are we going to meet and what time zone is Redbird in so we won't be late.

I'm getting antsy to get back out especially with the fall colors.:steer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom