Builds Portland Troopy Build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Josh is an artist. I consider him my friend and I can easily count my friends on a couple of hands.

It took about 30 minutes to cut the top off and about 3 hours scraping and prepping the gutters. Figured it was a good time to address them as they were now easily accessible. Glad we did as there was some moisture under the old sealant. Will now apply a rust arrestor and new sealant.

IMG_1931.JPG

IMG_1935.JPG

Having the troopy with out the roof , is a wild sensation .
Wish you a nice and good build .
Once finished you will really enjoy it

Hello,

Looking good.

Juan

Here are a few more random shots from the weekend.

The gutter work can apply for all. If you haven't done this it's not a bad project and could sure save you a bigger headache down the road with that certain word that will not be mentioned. We used rustoleum to paint the cut edge of the roof. Also painted down a 1/2" or so on the side that will be covered by the pop top. Hopefully cheap insurance. Rust Mort to address a couple of spots. And the tube of new sealer.

I have a perfectly good Troopy roof if anyone has interest. Maybe a toboggan if you live up north?

I should have more pics later this week as the top goes on.

Fun project.

Gutter Repair.jpg

Rust Mort.jpg

Troopy Roof.jpg

Here are a few more random shots from the weekend.

The gutter work can apply for all. If you haven't done this it's not a bad project and could sure save you a bigger headache down the road with that certain word that will not be mentioned. We used rustoleum to paint the cut edge of the roof. Also painted down a 1/2" or so on the side that will be covered by the pop top. Hopefully cheap insurance. Rust Mort to address a couple of spots. And the tube of new sealer.

I have a perfectly good Troopy roof if anyone has interest. Maybe a toboggan if you live up north?

I should have more pics later this week as the top goes on.

Fun project.

View attachment 1611975

View attachment 1611976

View attachment 1611977

Do i spy yet another troopy in the background?

Yeah, they're mutating.

I have serious case of.."I want a flip top 70 Troopy!"

Josh resealed the gutters. Turned our really well.

Gutters Final.jpg

Jonathan with Benchmark Vehicles of Portland laying down the bead. I was surprised when Jonathan told me that he took a cake decorating class. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

You can see his skills. The top bead is by Josh of Willamette Blvd Auto. Fail! Josh is a great mechanic of all things Land Cruisers but he knows his limitations and quickly passed the gun.
Cake School.jpg

benchmark bead.jpg

Last edited:
Alu Cab glamour shot!

Alucab Front.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom