POLL & SIGN-UP THREAD - 4th Annual 70 Series Meet 'n Greet (1 Viewer)

ARE YOU GOING TO ATTEND THE ROUND UP?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am planning to go up Thursday through Sunday. Will make reservations tomorrow and will try to get a larger cabin in case any last minute ppl need a pad to crash.
Bring your cooking utensils and apron. :)

So far we have 7 hard go’s and 5 soft go’s. If everyone commits to two shirts, that puts us at 24 units, just over half what we need. If I don’t get enough by-in by the end of August I will not place an order, but will consider taking orders at the event for delivery at a later time.

If that falls through I may initiate a group buy here and the 70-Series NA Facebook page. The shirts won’t be specific to the event. Everyone who has committed so far to a shirt, and anyone who commits by the end of August will get their choice in color and cut, plus shipping on me. Anything after will be optioned only in size. The shirts will cost a bit more to cover shipping costs as well. Regardless of cost it won’t be under the intent to turn a profit.

@divemedic ..... "So far we have 7 hard go’s and 5 soft go’s."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know how it would effect a shirt order but I know of at least 4 or 5 folks that plan to attend but are not active on 'MUD and therefore have not participated in the poll.

@divemedic ..... "So far we have 7 hard go’s and 5 soft go’s."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know how it would effect a shirt order but I know of at least 4 or 5 folks that plan to attend but are not active on 'MUD and therefore have not participated in the poll.

would you mind asking the missing members if you would be interested?

The "GO DATE" is now less than 3 months away so if you own a 70 Series or simply have an interest in the 70 Series line of Land Cruisers come join us. :)

Last edited:
Hoping to see if my wife will want to go :), and our toddler. plus gotta make sure the truck is more than operational.

- Andrew

I voted maybe, BUT I will just be getting back from SAS and I’m not sure this year I can do another event with everything else in life happening.

I voted maybe, BUT I will just be getting back from SAS and I’m not sure this year I can do another event with everything else in life happening.
Well you are certainly welcome if it works out for you.

Wife said shes willing to go, We're gonna try and get a Cabin and invite some other friends who live in TN with a Tacoma. Does anyone know if there are cabins still available?

Wife said shes willing to go, We're gonna try and get a Cabin and invite some other friends who live in TN with a Tacoma. Does anyone know if there are cabins still available?
The cabins have a tendency to book up however cancellations are somewhat common. I believe the park officials will put you on a call list if a cabin isn't available when you call. A number of attendees will also be staying at the Comfort Inn in Oakridge.

If your bride has approved the kitchen pass and you want a cabin, go ahead and try to book it online. If you score what you want, then you are set. If not, then call the park office to get on the waiting list as Charles suggested.

FYI at GSMTR2017, we split a cabin for the week with friends. The new cabins along Wind Rock Road are extremely nice. The cabin was not a give away, but my bride was very happy with the quality/amenities of the cabin so she did not grouse about the price. The only issue is the new cabins are in a valley with no line of sight to any cell towers, so no phones while at the cabin.

If your bride has approved the kitchen pass and you want a cabin, go ahead and try to book it online. If you score what you want, then you are set. If not, then call the park office to get on the waiting list as Charles suggested.

FYI at GSMTR2017, we split a cabin for the week with friends. The new cabins along Wind Rock Road are extremely nice. The cabin was not a give away, but my bride was very happy with the quality/amenities of the cabin so she did not grouse about the price. The only issue is the new cabins are in a valley with no line of sight to any cell towers, so no phones while at the cabin.

So we are on the waiting list now, 15 people ahead of us haha.

I think we're going to reserve a hotel room, at least for now.

So we are on the waiting list now, 15 people ahead of us haha.

I think we're going to reserve a hotel room, at least for now.
Be sure to mention "Windrock Park" to get a reduced hotel room rate.

@LDowney ...... "so no phones while at the cabin."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some folks, including myself would see that as a plus. :)

Last edited:
@LDowney ...... "so no phones while at the cabin."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some folks, including myself would see that as a plus. :)

True ... but when you are trying to post near real-time pictures of the meet-n-greet, you might be looking for 4G phone service. As with everything, the coin has more than just one side which is why I shared the point for advance consideration.

True ... but when you are trying to post near real-time pictures of the meet-n-greet, you might be looking for 4G phone service. As with everything, the coin has more than just one side which is why I shared the point for advance consideration.
You must be mistaken. Verizon said they're 12G coast to coast. Said so on T.V. :)

I'm getting in this late but I will be attending with maybe a sidekick if I can twist his arm. Right now I'm planning on camping, but that may change depending on the sidekick. Plans are driving up on Thursday and staying til Sunday. You can also put me down for 2 tee shirts. Being a rookie, any other info I should know, I'm all ears.

Bill Hill
404-210-5908
Chickamauga Ga

I'm getting in this late but I will be attending with maybe a sidekick if I can twist his arm. Right now I'm planning on camping, but that may change depending on the sidekick. Plans are driving up on Thursday and staying til Sunday. You can also put me down for 2 tee shirts. Being a rookie, any other info I should know, I'm all ears.

Bill Hill
404-210-5908
Chickamauga Ga
Are you good with a shovel and pickaxe? :)

Just kidding. Look forward to meeting you guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom