Polished wheels (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I had some free time, my stock wheels and some :beer:'s!!
I sanded, Polished, Polished, Polished...you get the point. Then I painted the inserts with some Rustoleum charcoal wheel paint and this is what I came up with....
DSCN2112.jpg
If anyone was interested in the process and how to, I would do so on the next wheel. I finished off with a coat of "ZoopSeal", which is an awesome product, it will drastically cut down the maintenance of a raw aluminum wheel.

A close up....
DSCN2114.jpg
DSCN2112.jpg
DSCN2114.jpg

That looks great. I recently refinished mine but didn't polish it like that. Lets see some pics of them on your rig.

Looks nice, I hope they last. What are you going to do with the caps?

Looks good!
Might want to hit it with a clearcoat as aluminum oxidizes pretty quickly to a dull finish.

I wish i could have done that too, but the original owner opted for the chrome package, so I had to just spray them black.

:cheers:

That must have taken some elbow grase!

Looks awesome though!

Juan

That looks great. Details on the process, like grits, products used? Did you use a machine? How was it getting the edge crevice around the lip? Really looks great.

DougM

Please put the process... This could be sticky material as I know many people love the stock wheels and would love to bring them back to how they use to be. Mine are uggly!

I will wait on your write up. Please describe exactly what you used and how...

Thanks.

Please put the process... This could be sticky material as I know many people love the stock wheels and would love to bring them back to how they use to be. Mine are uggly!

I will wait on your write up. Please describe exactly what you used and how...

Thanks.

X2.....:popcorn:

Then I painted the inserts with some Rustoleum charcoal wheel paint and this is what I came up with....
View attachment 415996

How did you get it so perfect. The charcoal painted edges of the inserts stayed within the borders of the window? Thanks.

That looks great. Details on the process, like grits, products used? Did you use a machine? How was it getting the edge crevice around the lip? Really looks great.

DougM

What Doug said. Very interested. ;)

Feel free to drive over to Columbia and do this to mine!

So I had some free time, my stock wheels and some :beer:'s!!
I sanded, Polished, Polished, Polished...you get the point. Then I painted the inserts with some Rustoleum charcoal wheel paint and this is what I came up with....
View attachment 415994
If anyone was interested in the process and how to, I would do so on the next wheel. I finished off with a coat of "ZoopSeal", which is an awesome product, it will drastically cut down the maintenance of a raw aluminum wheel.

A close up....
View attachment 415996

interested in process, steps, products... you get the idea. I want some of those!!!! :) :cool:

Tappity tappity tap.....

Heh - just kidding. OK, not really....

DougM

Geez. So many people interested in what he did......

Okay, so I am too! I gotta know! :hmm:

Subscribed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom