Please show us your FJ Cruiser with 35 Tires... (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

image.jpg
image.jpg

out of curiosity, wat is the minimum required to make 35s fit (34.5x17), will be selling my lx570 soon and most likely buying an fj as its more suited to me.

also noticed a lot of you have removed tje factory flares? over here if the tyres stick out past the furthest point of the body its a deffect notice

Here is my old 07 on 35s. Picture is from 08. Never should have sold it

FB_IMG_1454690873610.jpg

315 KO2s with 2.5-3" lift, stock geometry. Total Chaos uppers with new Icon Delta Joints installed. TC support gussets installed on the spindles. Some closeups after rebuilding my spindles and UCAs over the past couple weekends...

You can see where the tire rubs the UCA on full compression and turn in the first pic. In the second pic, there is about 1/2" gap between the spindle gusset and the sidewall. Then the last pic is with the wheel turned in (shot from behind the wheel towards the bumper) and you can see the tread approaching the UCA.

Spindles (31).JPG
Spindles (32).JPG
Spindles (34).JPG

315 KO2s with 2.5-3" lift, stock geometry. Total Chaos uppers with new Icon Delta Joints installed. TC support gussets installed on the spindles. Some closeups after rebuilding my spindles and UCAs over the past couple weekends...

You can see where the tire rubs the UCA on full compression and turn in the first pic. In the second pic, there is about 1/2" gap between the spindle gusset and the sidewall. Then the last pic is with the wheel turned in (shot from behind the wheel towards the bumper) and you can see the tread approaching the UCA.

View attachment 1762045 View attachment 1762046 View attachment 1762047
Are you using wheel spacers? If so, what thickness?

Are you using wheel spacers? If so, what thickness?
I have 1" spacers on the front. I could probably run without them, but the tires would be really close to the spindle gussets, like less than 1/4".

I have 1" spacers on the front. I could probably run without them, but the tires would be really close to the spindle gussets, like less than 1/4".
I have a set of FJ80 Land Cruiser Wheels that I plan on installing soon. I've heard they don't clear the front Calipers without spacers.

As do I... and yes, you are correct. The casting on the back of the spokes is just about 1/16" too close to the calipers. I have shaved my calipers in the past, but it's a pain.
BodyMtChop_2010-06 (10).JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom