pitman arm application (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

In my search to find someone with a broach to cut the splines deeper, I found someone who made me a new arm for 2/3 the price of the CC arm, and worked perfect..

Any chance you care to share the info as to where you purchased it from? :idea:

Get a bit to drill a tapered hole in your pitman arm....might not be the best option if you are only going to drill one arm. The bit is not cheap.

Warning..

I bought one of these straight pitman arms, and the spline is not cut deep enough to fit correctly on the sector shaft of the saginaw box... It only engages about 3/4 of the thickness of the arm..

I returned it, to get another one.. thinking it was a mistake.. the second one was the same..

In my search to find someone with a broach to cut the splines deeper, I found someone who made me a new arm for 2/3 the price of the CC arm, and worked perfect..

Thanks for the warning. I bought one of their flat pitman arms and ended up using one with some drop so I just put it on a shelf for a future project. I just checked the splines on the one I bought and you are correct, they don't look deep enough. Hmm, I wonder if they will take a return from over a year ago...

Please post up the source for who built your custom arm.

I updated my first post..

here's the update..

EDIT: The person I found is an old timer who makes them in his garage.. Ron Evans is his name, and if you want his phone # Pm Me.. He lives in CA. He used to make them for Bob Roggy (from Pirate)
They are not as pretty as a store bought arm (outside shape is plasma cut, so the finish isn't as nice) BUT it's a 1/4" thicker than the other arms.. 1" thick vs. 3/4" thick.. He does the spline by hand, each individual spline at a time...

I can take a picture later if anybody wants..

I updated my first post..

here's the update..

EDIT: The person I found is an old timer who makes them in his garage.. Ron Evans is his name, and if you want his phone # Pm Me.. He lives in CA. He used to make them for Bob Roggy (from Pirate)
They are not as pretty as a store bought arm (outside shape is plasma cut, so the finish isn't as nice) BUT it's a 1/4" thicker than the other arms.. 1" thick vs. 3/4" thick.. He does the spline by hand, each individual spline at a time...

I can take a picture later if anybody wants..

Please post up a picture. What did the folks at CC have to say about the splines being too shallow and did they give you a hard time returning the arms?

Sorry for the delay, here are the pics

As for the CC arm I never returned it, figured I can use it as a spare in case of emergency.. :meh:
IMG_1780.jpg
IMG_1781.jpg
IMG_1782.jpg

If you want beef for a pitman arm, hit up Ron at

Custom Cruisers <---- this is a link

:beer:

I called up Ron today at Custom Cruisers and he said he wasn't making these any more as they were expensive to make and didn't sell very well. I'm trying to track down somewhere to buy one for my conversion.

Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom