pillguy's 4runner build (with pics)

jynx

Turd Herder
SILVER Star
THanks Matthew,
was concerned that TN H20 turned my gear oil red....:D
What do you think about Advanced Auto synthetic gear oil? I was going to try that as I looked like a good deal.
I'm not a gear oil snob, I think my front diff is full of NAPA house brand 80w-90. I say as long as it's the right weight, let her rip.

To me if your gonna wheel it then your gonna probably change it more than average anyway, and using that high $$ stuff will get spendy quick. My 80 gets changed about once a year and those chunks hold ALOT of oil. I was actually thinking about all the diffs around my house this weekend, and which ones need a change.

TeddyBoy

Knighted by the King of MUD himself

what was up wit the old one? Guess that means you'll be hitting the Expo ride then, huh? All the excuses are now gone especially since you're going to OTMT. :flipoff2:

pillguy

what was up wit the old one? Guess that means you'll be hitting the Expo ride then, huh? All the excuses are now gone especially since you're going to OTMT. :flipoff2:
Ha Ha! Old one stopped holding a decent charge a few months ago and slowly deteriorated. I got it in 2008, it sat for 1 year and ran out in June, so I guess that is decent battery life. I need to do the big three (electric) that is....for my truck, but I need to source the parts as well.
Some of the guys by the diehard group 34, a clone of the Odyssey battery. I researched it and agree, but why screw around with reversed terminals with the normal group 34, when you can get them exactly how they need to be set with a Group34R (r=reversed terminals).
BTW, who needs an extra battery for whatever?
I would love to work on my truck more, but I am right in the middle of home renovations and selling.
I also have a new mod to do, but need to figure it out how to mount the ARB(blank). Can you guess what it is?
:grinpimp::grinpimp::grinpimp:

pillguy

Hi guys,

Prepping for the new years ride and the water crossings. Got tired of my blinker flickering and decided to redo both because of the rust inside due to failed seals. I initially replaced with neoprene, but I did not yhink that was gonna work long term. So I got weather resistant 1/8" rubber and cut away. Here is the old verses new seal installed.
20151227_143612(1).jpg

pillguy

Hi Guys, not much going on with the truck other than maintenance work, just got it back from repair shop for rear brakes. Now they work after a power bleed. As I mentioned, I have to repair my lower ball joints. I have not done that before, so I want to get them done before GSMTR. Just ordered the parts today and gonna watch youtube to see how it is done. I will keep you posted.

pillguy

Well, I finally got at the front end lower ball joints. I tore an outer tierod boot so I had to order new tie rod ends (outer) and a front end kit from amazon for $100. What took me 2 hours with home made tools and watching youtube, I got done in 10 minutes with the kit.

20160423_122555(1).jpg

20160423_123834(1).jpg

pillguy

I think that is what I am going to do for a temporary solution. I am going to replace the starter contacts today, but the idiots that I ordered from in NC sent me starter contact kit for a previa van on one side and the correct one for my 4runner on the other side. :bang::bang::bang: I am going to have to recycle a few parts from the old one and just order a reman. starter from Toyota and replace it once and for all. THe Starter that is on it is a reman from Toyota.

Top Bottom