Pig Picture Album (19 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I found the Black one ( already restored like that except for the Steel Wheels, Caps and Tires ) on an Avocado Ranch here in Fallbrook, California. I live just down the road in Temecula. The son and the wife of the man who owned it were selling it. The story they told me was that the father restored it, loved it, drove it around the ranch and elsewhere on Sundays and kept it garaged all the time. He was not the owner of the ranch but the caretaker. After owning this beauty for about 10 years ( restored for 4 years ) he was crushed to death by a bull dozer in an accident at the ranch. His son told me the story and was there when it happened. Really terrible. The son and wife kept the cruiser in the garage for 3 more View attachment 1518729 View attachment 1518730 years before they finally decided to part with it. I just happened to see the ad first and was fortunate enough to end up with it. After doing some research I found out that the 55's in Japan were often used as emergency vehicles and were painted black and white. Great cruiser. The family said the father loved that thing. The other 4 in the pictures were all original paint except for the roof on that green cruiser and some of that trim.

Pretty wild story! Do you still have it?

683A1B1A-24EC-46C5-BE85-34870532F971.jpeg
477146E9-FC65-4E9C-87EA-CCEE19E385A2.jpeg
818FDAC2-B92C-409F-9E5A-7B69286DF2EE.jpeg

those rear quarts are boss

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom