Pig Party - 2017? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here are some of my cruiser designs I have done over the last 20+ years. This gives you a taste of what I do.

IMG_1246.JPG

My urgency list just got even shorter. My landlord came by yesterday and said he is selling the house and I have 60 days. Now instead of tinkering on the pig my weekends will be filled with packing, dump runs, and figuring out what to do with all the stuff I have accumulated over the last 11 years. A lot of things have come up in the last few weeks and they all are trying to threaten this trip.

Holy Moly, nothing like a long notice. Have you got a new place picked? New place to live comes first, but the Pig Party is close behind! :)

Good Luck, Man

There are all sorts of complications. Being here as lomg as we have our rent is quite a bit lower and there are no houses in the area we live. So we have to wait till school is out. We were about 2 years from buying a house but now we are going to pay 25% more rent when we move.

I had the same thing , the landlord of the shop space i was renting ,nice clean 4 bay shop ,gave me 28 days to move a running business .tear down all the lifts .move all the equipment ,.was the biggest suck ever .at that time there were no buildings large enough in a good location to fit a auto shop ,all the property owners said they didnt want a dirty auto shop on their lot . now this is a Lexus repair shop and you can eat off the floors after the work day is done . so i was forced to move to a warehouse space off the main drag . me and my partner got it all moved and running and only lost 2 weeks of bizz , that was last year . But all of my clients have followed me and i am still growing .. Dude i wish i was closer i would be at your door with trailer . i have 2 acres you can store your stuff on it is just a mere 8 hrs away from you .hope you can be there in june

I'm gonna crash the party with my 60

That's ok, we won't tell anybody you're hanging out with the bad boys. :) Good to have you along.

My thoughts on the pot luck dinner. Maybe we should have that the first night we all get there. That way anything you bring for it, wouldn't have to be kept for too long in a cooler, etc. I always enjoyed sampling all the different foods people bring. Make what you like to cook or prepare the most and I don't think we would need a ton of it, everybody will have plenty to share. My wife is big on desserts, so we'll have some of that along, too.

I too am looking forward to the party, I'm bringing paper/pencil and stealing ideas for mine. :)

Does the potluck item have to be swine related , or fostered from , mabey a bacon margarita,?

I learned a long time ago never and I mean never try to tell the cook what to make or how! :) Exactly what is a bacon margarita and if you make them then bring some along.

If i can prove to my wife that we can get our house in order ill still be able to go. So maybe for the pot luck ill make an engine roast. Tuck that baby on the manifold and let her sizzle. I used to cook my lunch on the drive out when i would survey in the desert. Plus with my exhaust leak we could get a nice smoke ring on it. lol

I was trying to tighten up my plans for the Pig Party and when i googled the route it appears I will be very close to the Grand Canyon. I have never been so my idea is to leave tuesday the 20th around noon from my house and drive 8.5 hours and camp on the south rim. Then get up, take some pictures, and trek the last 3.5 hours to Cayton in the morning.

Here's a little video teaser for the Canyon my friend. Buckle up, it's kind of amazing....

Great video, thanks for sharing.

I was at the North Rim on May 16th 17th 18th. On the evening of the 17th a storm arrived. In a half hour period it went from thunder and lightning to rain, snow, hail, blizzard whiteout to rainbows and glowing colored cliffs as the sun tried to peak through. That night it dropped between 4 to 6 inches on the entire plateau. When I drove in it was green meadows and pine trees, when I drove out it was a snow covered white wonderland. Very very awesome.

Sorry for inter loping the pig party line.

We'll be at the North Rim Mon-Tues of next week on our way home from CA in the 914-6. Then getting ready for the Pig Fest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom