Pig of the Month? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know at one point there was discussion of doing pig of the week.

Since this forum is smaller in volume than the 40/55 section, does it make sense to do pig of the month write ups? I would like to see narratives of the swines, how about you?

I can go first with a write up, etc. as with most piggies, mine has history. Let's see if others are interested and we'll hopefully do a sign up sticky for 12 pigs a year. I think it would be cool...

i would do one....but i am just getting started on the build so mine would be rather short.

osagecruiser

It is an oxymoron to claim any pig is 'done' so this would be a write-up of the 'state of your pig address'.... some of the mods, techniques, ideas, etc. will be interesting and useful to others since not everyone has a build thread to share these types of things... and those with a build thread can do a short write up with overall pics, etc. whenever a they feel it s a good milestone to write it up...

I call Dec. thats when Im doing my ROTW part duex so I can put it all together at the same time.

I can do one too!
I'm not sure how long I'll have the "Pig" it depends on the "Boss". I need to keep the '60 and the '45 is the shop project so I may need to sell the Pig once the restoration is complete. I don't think the boss will be supportive of having three 'Cruisers.

All pigs are pretty... some just moreso than others. ;)

I think it would be cool to have a POTM. I'm just getting started on my build so I could use a lot of ideas right about now.

Some of the threads on people's builds take a long time to read, so it would be nice seeing it all consolidated into a nice write-up. As far as criteria goes, I'd say that as long as the 'Cruiser is actively used, then it's fair game. That should keep the door wide open. It would be nice, though, to see pigs that are further along in progression toward the owner's vision.

I think it's a great idea.Those of us in the planning/building stages will benifit from seeing what has been done - either bad(before) or good(after).
I figure that I may be able to have enough progress on mine to take a month in 2008.

:cheers:

I think this would be great... I'm just gonna need a little time to "un-stock-ify" my pig a little more.

It is an oxymoron to claim any pig is 'done' so this would be a write-up of the 'state of your pig address'.... some of the mods, techniques, ideas, etc. will be interesting and useful to others since not everyone has a build thread to share these types of things... and those with a build thread can do a short write up with overall pics, etc. whenever a they feel it s a good milestone to write it up...
Howdy! Boy, that's the truth. Even stock, unwheeled, at 25-35 years old, Pigs always need more love. I've only had mine for 19 years, and I'm just getting more and more practice reclassifying the "wanta dos", "needta dos", and "havta dos". High Steer just went from last to first place, as I was stricken with a severe case of "no steer"! I'd be glad to "take" a month, but it will have to wait til I can boost a digital camera from one of my kids. John

John,

Yours will be a welcome write up with all those years into it! and BTW, it is also a prime example of why 'stickin with the pig' makes alot of sense versus bouncing from one rig to the next...... investing in the one rig for many years allows you to know it well, get it where you want it to be, and also get the return on the investments in terms of years of service.. Hope you will write it up sometime, I look forward to it and thought of your rig when I posted the POTM!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom