Picture Request Thread - Your KZJ78 Wheel Offset + Tire + Lift Setup? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

what do you think of the toyos vs the KM3?

The ones I had before were KM2, compared to them the 2 first noticable factors were the Toyos are quieter on the road and stiffer on and off the road (i'd imagine its due to the stronger sidewall); which makes them handle very nice on the road but abit less comfy off. Haven't done alot of miles on them yet but till now I like them alot.

I thought hard about a Prado when I decided to get another 70. There were a lot of reasons why I opted to get back into an HD Cruiser, but one of the biggest was a lack of knowledge and support here in the states since they were just becoming available in the US.

Either way, here’s my BJ74 on 35x10.50s on FJ Cruiser Steelies with Spidertrax spacers with a 2” lift. You would need gears though, I drove a manual 1KZ rig and I wouldn’t want to kill the zippiness.

View attachment 2792759
@MyCruiserisaHogBeast

Are these 16 or 17" wheels?

Hey guys, if I want to run 33s on my lj78, would a dobinson's 1.75 inches lift do or I need to get 2.5 ? Also, do I need to switch to negative offset Wheels to prevent tire rub ? Thanks in advance

Skinny 33’s should fit without upgrade. Factory wheels are zero offset, but also have a deep well around the hub face to clear the caliper. Some generic steel wheels don’t work because they interfere with the front brake calipers.

Skinny 33’s should fit without upgrade. Factory wheels are zero offset, but also have a deep well around the hub face to clear the caliper. Some generic steel wheels don’t work because they interfere with the front brake calipers.
Amazing thank you. I was planning on getting a 1.75" from dobinson's anyway. Also planning on getting a bit wider wheels because I feel it would give me more tire options. You think I should go for negative offset to ensure the callipers are cleared ? I'm scared the tire would stick out too far from the car. Mine doesn't. Have fender flares.

PS: moving to Bozeman next year, let's do a Prado meet !

What tire width are you looking at getting? In my experience tall skinny tires (33x10.5R15 or 235/85R16) are great on Prados and don’t suck too much power. I’m not super knowledgeable about wheels, but a zero offset or perhaps a small negative offset should work.

Let me know when you’re in the area, I’d love to meet up!

33x10.5 are the absolute perfect tire for this car.

5C5F4AF1-6B6B-43F3-9D27-1C2F5AC2CC4B.jpeg

IMG_5548.jpeg

Unknown lift height, assuming 3” to 3.5”. Wheels are Bradley V 16” -21 offset with 33.5x10.5 Toyo M/T.

IMG_0019.jpeg

Yes the crossbars sorry I thought I typed it originally
They are Inno brand, came with the vehicle. From what I can tell they are 7" risers with a 58" crossbar.
Fairly certain it's these. No issues and they have worked great carrying lumber to roof baskets. Leaves about 2-3 inches between bar and roof.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom