Picked this up today. 1965 Fj45 barn find (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks Mike. couple more pics...
IMG_2757.jpg
IMG_2756.jpg
IMG_2763.jpg

Thanks for the additional pics. She's got a sweet rear end!

So what is / was the original color?

One of my favs, mint green. Paint is in the plan....down the road... were thinkin Mint Green or the baby Blue... gunna be a tough decision....

Very nice and a cool story to boot!!!!

My truck was very similar when i brought it home and had an "Old Timer" story to go with it too.

It is your truck, do with it what you want. The main thing is, it is back on the road and being used. Look forward to seeing this ride cleaned up and used.

Great story, I still go by and visit with the owners I bought my 45 from. Drive it enjoy it. If you want to make mods for saftey or for your own comort do it. Cant wait to see your progress

thats a great story. glad shes staying stock. i just bought a fj25 trayback off a retired farmer in australia. nice old bloke also, we yarned a couple hours and i thought he was gonna cry when i drove away. he told me lots of stories; where he bought it and from whom, what he did with it (unbolt the tray and bolt a bulk diesel tank to the chassis for refuelling tractors mostly) and other. the day his sister bounced onto the passengers doorhandle and fell out. broken axle day. 200 miles with a girlfriend to go to a dance etc. anyway i asked him to pen a page of memoires for me. he is copying his original purchase receipt also and looking for old photos he may have of the toyota at work to copy for me. a little folder to keep with the vehicle to keep its history alive and intact. can go with it if i pass it on. only sometimes is this opportunity possible. perhaps you could ask the same of roy? (i often ask po for copys of old photos.) if we preserve these vehicles now they will outlive the custodianship of both roy and you. anyway im starting to get too sentimental even for myself!

look after the old girl. whatever brakes or paint you run is only another part of the story thats all. (though im all for drum brakes and dreaming in red white and blue!)

Great story...glad to see another shorty convertible back in circulation.....look forward to some more pics....

Thanks fellas, im going to see Roy again on saturday. I will ask if he has any pics... thats a great idea... if he does, i will scan and post...

wow.... that thing is real nice???? where did you find it at?? close to you?

About 1.5 hours North. Milaca. I did not find it. Jen has a good friend who knows we love the Cruisers. they found it for us.. basically stumbled on to it. Ive always dreamed of one of these, just never thought i would actually find one...

Hope your doing well... get ready for winter!

take care....

About 1.5 hours North. Milaca. I did not find it. Jen has a good friend who knows we love the Cruisers. they found it for us.. basically stumbled on to it. Ive always dreamed of one of these, just never thought i would actually find one...

Hope your doing well... get ready for winter!

take care....

cool!!! yea that is not far from me.... did not think any of those existed here in MN............ your a lucky guy!! :D

Wow, brother, way to go. What a find and great story. Love it. Please dont ever take "ROY" off the windshield, but bring on the Spring Green!

Long live the F.

Best to Jen.

Dave

Wow, brother, way to go. What a find and great story. Love it. Please dont ever take "ROY" off the windshield, but bring on the Spring Green!

Long live the F.

Best to Jen.

Dave

Thanks Dave, next time home come check it out... We are leaning mint green now simply because its teh factory color... and we fell in love with that color when you got DM done...

Tossed new stuff at Roy last night. Plugs, wires, cap , rotor, points... Runs a bunch better... touch the starter and the ol F comes to life.... I think the the wires and plugs were original.... Got a little pep in it now....

Very nice find. Congrats. If you're looking for an example of a mint green I've got one and have tossed a pic in here. At first the color wasn't exactly a favorite of mine but as time has passed it's definitely grown on me and I've gotten quite a few comments on it. The color isn't common anymore and seems to fit memories of the 60's fairly well.

552098945_4k25n-M.jpg

Love it.... That one may have to go up on the shop wall for inspiration...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom