Personal Install Experience: 35’s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's not necessarily an IFS thing so much as a 100 thing. If the minimum clearnace points are front, rear, inside/outside then lifting won't help change those. Lifting can help reduce contact above the tire, but that's not the problem with the 100. You run out of clearance in basically all other directions before you make contact above so lifting is largely irrelevant for tire fitment on a 100. As @MountaineerLC says above, you're also not necessarily changing the bounds of wheel travel unless you also add a bumpstop to reduce travel.

Forged wheels in any offset you desire:

or

with beadlock: BRAID Forged UR4 Beadlock A - https://braidusa.com/collections/off-road/products/braid-forged-ur4-beadlock-a?variant=42572337774747

View attachment 3158802

View attachment 3158804

View attachment 3158809

Each!? Wow haha. I thought the Hutchinsons were overreaching a little.

Each!? Wow haha. I thought the Hutchinsons were overreaching a little.
Forged and machined per order to your exact specs! Not the cheapest way to buy wheels, but bespoke things in life never are.

Forged and machined per order to your exact specs! Not the cheapest way to buy wheels, but bespoke things in life never are.
I think I’m in a place that fitment and function will come first before weight and form.

Need to track down a 17” 5x150 with about ~25mm offset

I think I’m in a place that fitment and function will come first before weight and form.

Need to track down a 17” 5x150 with about ~25mm offset
Paul with Braid USA should have a few options for you. :)

They don't list weight on those forged wheels I linked, but I'm guessing they're sub 20 lbs for the 17" varieties. I'm sure they have weights handy, just haven't updated the site yet.

Well - I think I've found an off the shelf solution.

Evo Corse Dakar 17x8 5x150 <--- incorrect bolt pattern (edit: thanks GTV)
or
Evo Corse Dakar 17x8.5 5x150 et25

I think these should really help tuck the tires under. Need to contact Mainline to see what they're thoughts are, but how does ih8mud think about getting to 25mm offset?

Last edited:
The first option links to a 6 lug wheel so I'll ignore that...

The second will definitely make fitment easier. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the 8.5" width when you're only using a 10.5" tire.

The first option links to a 6 lug wheel so I'll ignore that...

The second will definitely make fitment easier. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the 8.5" width when you're only using a 10.5" tire.
Crap - didn't even realize that - thanks ... removing it from the options.

I also need to add, that I am severely over weight for my current springs. I realized I never upgraded to a heavy duty spring following the front and rear bumper install. Getting a spring that is rated to the added weight will help with the rubbing going over rolling bumps, but I still plan to go to a +25 offset wheel.

The Kansei's will sell locally for $100 a piece to a Tundra owner (at least I hope so).

I am finally picking my set of RWs up from my dads place to do this same thing, trying to fit the 35x10.5 kenda klever.
Body lift materials showed up earlier this week.

I am finally picking my set of RWs up from my dads place to do this same thing, trying to fit the 35x10.5 kenda klever.
Body lift materials showed up earlier this week.
which body lift stuff did you go with? I am going back and forth with this direction .. just don't want to change some of the internal aspects as a part of the lift.

@jackhossross that was my thing too, not looking to make big changes to fan shroud, etc and based on all of my reading 5/8" looks to be the spot I am aiming for. I am going the DIY route with HDPE and picking up longer hardware if needed. All of the order kits I found either weren't available or were for 1" which sounds like a lot more than I need (or maybe not)

@jackhossross that was my thing too, not looking to make big changes to fan shroud, etc and based on all of my reading 5/8" looks to be the spot I am aiming for. I am going the DIY route with HDPE and picking up longer hardware if needed. All of the order kits I found either weren't available or were for 1" which sounds like a lot more than I need (or maybe not)

I am thinking I will be pretty damn good with heavy duty springs (timbren bump stops if necessary) once I switch to a wheel with less offset (from a 0 to a 25).

Here we go: 17x8 et 40 will be perfect.

Evo Corse Dakar 17x8

I am going to grab these as my TE37's just sold.

Bingo!

Looking forward to seeing how your 35's fit up!
I’ve got an appt at slee for some heavy duty springs and torsion adjustment .. need to get these wheels in time!

Oh yeah, and current status (because I totally screwed up and forgot heavy duty rear springs). The rear is loaded with a bunch of stuff and it’s super bouncy and slouched. This is with the 17x8.5 et0 Kansei wheels and 35x10.5r17 Kenda Klevers.

13241ADC-DFCE-4B53-AD96-AA9A5089676F.jpeg

Last edited:
Updating this thread with an update (apologize for the multiple thread updates, but wanted to close this out).

I have the @TRAIL TAILOR 1" body lift sitting in my garage already - so I will eventually tackle that. For now though, I purchased, received and installed my new Evo Corse 17x8.5 et40 wheels and the change from a 17x8.5 et0 (Kansei wheels that were on the truck for my trip to Texas) to the new ones with the 40 less offset has eliminated all rub.

Drove into work today and took a corner with a big drooping bump faster than normal and didn't hear any rub. Pretty stoked, I have an appt with Slee on the 16th to install HD springs for the added weight out back and in prep for an additional long range fuel tank - but otherwise, I am in maintenance mode from here on out (with the exception of snow tire setup incoming this December).

The 35's have created new stress on my front suspension components (new rattles/clunking) so I need to investigate that, but my rig is very close to being done with the additions and moving on to keep it on the road chapter. Feels good, thanks mud for the help.

DC469D81-A084-40CA-A79E-43489453F1AA.jpeg

E9A4ED40-46D2-400A-A5E4-BE5B5EC9B1BF.jpeg

FDB1A7D4-335E-418A-80D1-C8D781EDCC41.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom