Pearson's Falls Recon - 2/4 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bryanseye

Inaffective Grammer Nazi
SILVER Star
Threads
Between pit of man's fears and summit of knowledge
Website
www.upstatecruisers.com
Who is up for some exploration on Saturday morning? Thinking this may be an interesting area with the road going under a train tunnel and some nearby waterfalls. Lunch at The Purple Onion in Saluda, then asses whether to get back into the woods, up to Sierra Nevada, or say farewell.

Meet at Hwy 14 and 11 (Dimitri's has breakfast if you shoot for earlier) at 0900. Then it is a 30 minute cruise north to the area.

Google Maps

I have not been to this spot before so am flexible to input. I know the restaurant is good for lunch though. I will have at least 1 kid with me.

Thanks for heading this up Bryan! I'm currently committed but will contact you if that changes.......

Wish I could but boys have .

Sorry for the last minute notice on this thing. Looks like nobody else is coming so I may just mozzy up solo anyway but a different route that is closer to me. If you are coming, please let me know and I will run over to the original spot to meet you. Have a great weekend either way!

Nice place

IMG_0905.JPG

Easy to find?

Easy to find?
No problem. My route was Asheville Hwy out of Spartanburg as a straight shot to the beginning of the road. About half paved, half maintained dirt. A left turn on the other end of the road dumps you into downtown Saluda.

IMG_0908.JPG

IMG_0916.JPG

IMG_0919.JPG

Drinking water since it is still before noon and my company is an adventurous 3 year old. Beer selection is a little hoppy for me but there is a variety. Some wine, cider, and fancy coffees too.

Find any jars with $100 bills in it?

Haha. I was thinking exactly the same thing. I wondered where this tunnel was after that episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom