Passenger floor board water I know, I know! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok I have had water in the passenger floorboard for a while now, The windshield has been replaced with a new Toyota gasket. I have re seam sealed behind the fender. I know where the water is coming in but from inside the kick panel it is very difficult to get to. So I wondered if I missed a seam from the outside. The seam is right above the insulation from the fire wall.

5EE86DB2-1F64-440F-8551-BAF953329978.jpeg

2A83D8C6-E4BA-479C-83F4-BD6F83924205.jpeg

07996E32-5601-459E-B43A-DF3C06BF0F78.jpeg

17A281AC-DD9A-43F9-B911-91951B4B1E9F.jpeg

Try checking the seam at the top of the A-pillar, there are three separate body panels joining there. Also, is the seam sealer in the A-pillar drip channel solid / not cracked?

Try checking the seam at the top of the A-pillar, there are three separate body panels joining there. Also, is the seam sealer in the A-pillar drip channel solid / not cracked?
So I don’t have any water running down the “A” pillar, it seams solid?

Bulkhead plug water moving through but being carried to other weird places? I had a stream of water and it was a damn foot or so from the crime scene
It get s wet when raining and when still so I don't think its moving from anywhere. I just don't know how that seem is getting outside water.

I have water that comes down the black 'rubber' topped insulation on the firewall, as well as thru the AC blower housing. Based on other threads, I believe that the 'stovepipe' above the blower, that sits in the cowl, with a mesh screen on top, is leaking at the base, where it meets the bottom surface of the cowl space - as opposed to the top surface which has the slots and wiper shafts penetrating. I have been considering getting one of those ~$100-150 scopes that I could insert thru the wiper motor opening, to inspect that joint around the perimeter of the stovepipe. Then I have to figure out how to get in there to patch, short of cutting it open...

It leaks in heavy rain, as well as going thru the car wash - but not until the blowers hit the hood/cowl, pushing soapy water on to the floor board. You should pull the large black plastic plug in the picture out - I found rust on the sheet metal that is behind that and treated it.

I have water that comes down the black 'rubber' topped insulation on the firewall, as well as thru the AC blower housing. Based on other threads, I believe that the 'stovepipe' above the blower, that sits in the cowl, with a mesh screen on top, is leaking at the base, where it meets the bottom surface of the cowl space - as opposed to the top surface which has the slots and wiper shafts penetrating. I have been considering getting one of those ~$100-150 scopes that I could insert thru the wiper motor opening, to inspect that joint around the perimeter of the stovepipe. Then I have to figure out how to get in there to patch, short of cutting it open...

It leaks in heavy rain, as well as going thru the car wash - but not until the blowers hit the hood/cowl, pushing soapy water on to the floor board. You should pull the large black plastic plug in the picture out - I found rust on the sheet metal that is behind that and treated it.
I just did that recent

E2F20F76-2B30-43C3-84AE-1879E12F0261.jpeg

1D4FEB42-1ED9-4BE4-ABFF-93F3C9230F0C.jpeg

09BB47CD-FA6E-475B-A1BB-16B8540686EE.jpeg

Ok I have had water in the passenger floorboard for a while now, The windshield has been replaced with a new Toyota gasket. I have re seam sealed behind the fender. I know where the water is coming in but from inside the kick panel it is very difficult to get to. So I wondered if I missed a seam from the outside. The seam is right above the insulation from the fire wall.

View attachment 3139156

View attachment 3139157

View attachment 3139158

View attachment 3139159
My slider windows leak and trying to find the leak took water hose and flooded the hell out of them to identify. Controlled way to check different areas to isolate issue

I believe the culprit in my case is on top of the raised section, in the left center of the first photo - the 'stovepipe' sits on top of that, with a mesh screen over the top of the stovepipe.

Post a pic from inside the cowl. Pop the drivers side access in engine bay and stick your camera inside. Curious the condition of that area. Can’t see much from your outside looking in. I see you sealed the side of the cowl though

The windshield has been replaced with a new Toyota gasket.

Did you (or the installer) follow the FSM and caulk the gasket-to-body and gasket-to-glass interfaces? No glass installer will just 'do this' - they have to be prompted/coached.

The windshield has been replaced with a new Toyota gasket.

Did you (or the installer) follow the FSM and caulk the gasket-to-body and gasket-to-glass interfaces? No glass installer will just 'do this' - they have to be prompted/coached.
I told them to follow fsm on the install. I had some rust around the windshield frame fixed that then they installed the windshield.

I have run a hose over multiple spots on the windshield and no water came in

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom