Panamint Valley Trip in February (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Does this help
http://www.dvnha.org/morning_report/Morning.pdf

1.24" of rain so far just this year!

WHEW!
That is a LOT of closures down there.
Ill bet the rocks on the racetrack are cruisin now.
Ive never been except on Blotch, and the weather has always been stellar at that time in the season.
Of course, now that Ive said that...
Should make for an interesting run for you guyz!

K

looks like the weather is going to keep up till about Wed, Jeezz
Figures it never rains untill a good trip is planned. Should make it interesting for sure.

Hopefully by Tuesday it will warm up a bit and be super sweet.

ken

looks like the weather is going to keep up till about Wed, Jeezz
Figures it never rains untill a good trip is planned. Should make it interesting for sure.

Hopefully by Tuesday it will warm up a bit and be super sweet.

ken

No kidding. I guess even if the higher elevations are snowed in, there should be enough lower elevation stuff to keep us entertained. Should still be a good trip. Plus how often do you get to see that much moisture in DV? My only problem is that we may be too early for the flowers that are sure to follow.

Jack

I'm hoping that by Monday rolls around, things should change for the better, no?

Heck...if its too cold/rainy/snowy we could always head to Lake Havasu :flipoff2:

No kidding. I guess even if the higher elevations are snowed in, there should be enough lower elevation stuff to keep us entertained. Should still be a good trip. Plus how often do you get to see that much moisture in DV? My only problem is that we may be too early for the flowers that are sure to follow.

Jack
We were down there for the 100 year bloom. The flowers were amazing.
Desert Gold
DesertGold.jpg

Heck...if its too cold/rainy/snowy we could always head to Lake Havasu :flipoff2:

Yeah, no kidding. The incentive to drag my family for 18 hours to DV and then have crappy conditions is very, very low as of now. I'm hoping that the weather is on the upswing by friday night otherwise, there'll be a change of plans for us. This sucks but that's the reality of it.

Ali

Yeah, no kidding. The incentive to drag my family for 18 hours to DV and then have crappy conditions is very, very low as of now. I'm hoping that the weather is on the upswing by friday night otherwise, there'll be a change of plans for us. This sucks but that's the reality of it.

Ali

Ditto. I have yet to do the required wet/dry cycles of the KK tent material to shrink the stitching so it doesn't leak; another worry about using it in the rain right now.

Ditto. I have yet to do the required wet/dry cycles of the KK tent material to shrink the stitching so it doesn't leak; another worry about using it in the rain right now.
You still have the AT don't you?

Well for what its worth , I just checked the weather and it totally changed...

ken

Well for what its worth , I just checked the weather and it totally changed...

ken

Yeah...and for the better! Let's hope the current one is accurate!!!

It's looking better......

Tonight: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. South wind between 3 and 7 mph.

Saturday: Partly sunny, with a high near 60. South wind at 6 mph becoming west.

Saturday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31. South wind between 5 and 8 mph.

Sunday: Partly sunny, with a high near 61. Southwest wind between 3 and 6 mph.

Sunday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 38. South southwest wind between 3 and 8 mph.

Presidents' Day: A 50 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 54.

Monday Night: A 40 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35.

Tuesday: A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 62.

Tuesday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35.

Wednesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 61.

Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 36.

Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 65.

Thursday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 36.

Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 67.

Well, the trailer is out in front and I'm starting to pack today as it's pouring down rain. But the weather for DV looks good for the end of the week. Hope everyone is getting ready and not getting bummed out by the rain and weather.

Well, the trailer is out in front and I'm starting to pack today as it's pouring down rain. But the weather for DV looks good for the end of the week. Hope everyone is getting ready and not getting bummed out by the rain and weather.

Sounds good, we are still going. Both my wife and mother-in-law are going no matter what. So we will see you down there.:D

Jack

What is the consensus / rule about firearms in the area?
Officially / unofficially?

Thanks,
ken

The weather forecast looks OK end of week. However my aux tank project is forcing me to abort.

I think I am going to open a custom 4x4 shop. My corporate mission: Overpromise, underdeliver and charge up the whazoo. I'd fit right in :rolleyes:.

Dood !! say it isnt so!
If you still want to go Im solo and have plenty of room...

ken

Dood !! say it isnt so!
If you still want to go Im solo and have plenty of room...

ken

Thanks Ken...I sincerely appreciate your offer!!! I would take you up on it however I got frustrated and called Christo late this afternoon and booked some time with him to get the fawking aux tank put together. So I'm taking off east bound I-80 this Sunday A.M. My sis and her family are in Denver area so it'll be good to hang with them while Christo works his magic!

Then it'll be full steam ahead on trips!!!

Have fun OK?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom