Paint question (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

EStein

SILVER Star
Threads
Well, I backed out of my garage without fully opening the door and put a nice scratch on my brand new painted cap. Does anyone know if I can just take a cap full of paint and add a few drops of hardener and mix it up so I can just dab a little on with a brush? Didn’t know if it had to be sprayed in order to do something at the molecular level that I don’t understand…it’s a single stage.

6732CA19-8895-4BB3-A119-421EFA740609.jpeg

E6B70B3B-C253-4D50-9BFD-08062125A673.jpeg

Assuming no clear coat, yes, your process is acceptable.

No one sees the roof. If you seek perfection, you could build it up slightly higher than the adjoining area, and block sand it down (you tube) with extra fine sandpaper (ending up with 3000 grit) and then a buff.

Assuming no clear coat, yes, your process is acceptable.

No one sees the roof. If you seek perfection, you could build it up slightly higher than the adjoining area, and block sand it down (you tube) with extra fine sandpaper (ending up with 3000 grit) and then a buff.
Definitely don’t seek perfection. No clear coat. Just want to touch it up… I’ll give it a go. Thanks.

Spray is more economical than brush, because the paint is thinner when sprayed (there's less of it), so it'll go through the gun orifice and dry faster. That's why commerical shops do it that way. The paint doesn't know the difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom