Owners post here...... (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

After many years of waiting it to be for sale finally the FJ collection complete with the Fj45 ST Troopy :cheers: :steer:

Fj45 Soft Top Troopy -1.jpg

Well worth the wait

FJ4043, you have done well, nice. :cheers:

After many years of waiting it to be for sale finally the FJ collection complete with the Fj45 ST Troopy :cheers: :steer:

The only thing I can say is WOW! That this is awesome. Didn't even know they made an ST Troopy.

:beer:

Thanks guys, i didn't know either till i saw this one long ago.
When new the chassis was treated with thick tectyl or dinitrol spray. It came of partially and looked weird, like rusted etc. but by taking it away the original shining paint of the chassis came forward. Going to restore the body work. :wrench:

First time poster - FJ45RV-KCQ

Hi All

Inherited the family truckster a few weeks ago and I'm looking to give it some TLC. My Dad bought it new in 1984 for $13 000 Australian dollars. It's original and only regular maintenance performed (no mods, changes etc). Stripes, bull-bar ate came from the dealership. A small amount of corrosion in the front radiator panel. It has factory power steering!! (I am grateful.)

Also has a couple of minor niggles - odometer only works in tenths of a kilometer (won't 'turn over' the next digit). Also, I'm struggling to find a rear assembly for the door securing mechanism in the back swing doors. (Currently it only locks via the top pin/tongue - rear lower assembly is missing.)

My new hobby car - I learned to drive in this thing!!

regards to all - and thanks for all your (indirect) help on this forum.

Tamey

Tojo 1.jpg

Tojo 2.jpg

Tojo 3.jpg

Nice troopy mate, great to see that it's being kept in the family.:)

Thanks herbs. She used to live in Cairns - but I'm moving her to Port Macquarie (cockroach country!).

She should be good to move my fishing kayaks around!

I wish we had more in the states, that is a gem.
:cheers:

My daily driven FJ45

this is my FJ45 that i drive everyday
mods include;

rear ARB air locker,
Front 70 series limited slip differential,
front 12000I Warn Winch
rear Super winch
shortened bed & chassis
front 80 series coil springs,
Rear Defender 130 dislockating Coil springs with 14" Fox gas shocks, 4 link suspension with Jolly Joint
Qt3 Radius arms
13BT 3.4 Turbo Diesel Intercooler conversion coupled with an H55 5 speed Transmission
Full Roll Cage
Custom bed and Lid
Custom bumpers and side bars
35" Mud Star Radial Tires
Mach 6 Rims

and much more to come!!

Hope to see some pictures. Sounds like a good truck.

1979 hj45 with 2h 4speed daily driver

Really like the red 45 with the styleside/pickup bed, looks brilliant.

1965 original

Here's my 65 without a tailgate.....lol...sourcing this out with all your help along with those pesky bugcatcher seals. Waiting on Aussie Grill Guard from 4 plus & having a custom cage top put on the back and installing the troopy seats on either side of the wheel wells.

7661_10202034825661525_1964285434_n.jpg

Last edited:
Jim, Those add on improvements will really be an attention getter (as a rare FJ45 pickup already gets stares) and also nice for business. Post some photos when you complete the additions. Nice truck!

I don't think I've posted in this thread but if I have.....oh well
Heres my 77

elk13-5.jpg

20130821_180535.jpg

20130821_201513.jpg

Currently under the knife.

IMG_0215.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom